Peak Beam Systems Kudos

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Beam Systems Inc. better know to us here on the forums as the builder of the Maxa Beam Hand Held Xenon Searchlight is in need of some well-earned accolades. This American company, located in South East Pennsylvania, was incorporated by William "Bill" McManus in 1985. Annie McManus Thorne, Bill's daughter, continues in the family business and tradition of offering professional, prompt, courteous and honest advice and service to those with whom they have contact in their portable searchlight business.

I recently had contact with Annie and one of her staff, Deborah Grant, in the assessment of my Gen III Maxa Beam which I had purchased back in 2007 following some judicious searching and researching for what became one of my most powerful, professional and portable lights. The final deciding factor in the purchase at that time followed some lengthy conversations with Annie and finally, a personal tour of the plant and demonstration in their testing department. It was evident at that time that this was a company with whom I wanted to work not only in the purchase of my ultimate searchlight but one in which I wanted continuing service.

Fast forward to October of 2017, this past Fall and finally, earlier this month, over ten years after my original purchase. At that time I sent my Maxa Beam III to Peak Systems for evaluation of it's current performance, upgrading of the programming and, the purchase of the current, upgraded power supply, their 7.5 AH LiFePO4 which now allows me continuous high output, something not recommended with the original 7 AH Lithium Ion battery. This original battery, was purchased with the Maxa Beam and, still functions perfectly to this day. Upon receipt of my light Annie advised me to any other modifications, adjustments and improvements in which I might have been interested. I might add, in accord with Annie's advice, I was in direct contact with Maxa Vision Technologies out of Florida in providing me additional advice and in culminating the actions. I spoke with "Francie" who also provided me with some technical assistance as well as weather reports in Sunny Florida while we in the Northeast were undergoing and extended "Spring". During this same period, Peak actually closed for one day!

Thank you Annie and Peak for the advice, programming, shipping, honesty, CPF discount and, above all, the patience to put up with my (intended) humor! You have a great American company which carries on the family tradition in the American spirit and is a credit to us all!

Karl

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Karl, Peak Beam Systems is one of the few companies that offers support for lights that you weren't the original purchaser.

I've spoke with Deb, Annie and Matt numerous times about purchases I've made over the years.

Give Annie the serial number and she can tell you the DOM, the entity that purchased new as well as the configuration as to how it left the factory.

Yes, Peak is an American company that's proud of their products and provides better than first class service. [emoji106]

BVH

Flashaholic
I, too, had a fantastic experience when sending my two Gen2 Robinson helicopter mounted MB's in for consolidation into one, Gen3 (Enhanced, at the time) MB. Annie was stellar in her customer service and communication.

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Good customer service is harder to come by these days. I left IBM over 30 years ago and started my own small business taking care of small law firms. We did well for 30 years making costumer service our top priority , it was good for business and kept us in business . It hard to find good customer service in technology today. It makes me happy when I hear there are still companies that believe in it.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too had a positive experience with Peak Beam Systems.

I am at least the second owner of my maxabeams, both are well and truly out of whatever warranty they came with, but the PB Crew were incredibly helpful with some issues I had, walking me through the fixes.

I would rate them as having the best customer service of any company I have dealt with.

scout24

Flashaholic
Always good to hear about excellent companies. Thanks, Karl! I'll bet the factory tour was fascinating.