Modifying a Fenix e15 (4-mode CR123A twisty) for single-mode-only (high)??

Joeymac

Newly Enlightened
I have a fenix e15 (2016+ version) and love it. I think it might be the smallest CR123A light for its power. It's a fantastic tiny edc light... but...

I want to use it for a small light setup on a gun using a custom mount I'm machining myself. The twisty itself is okay for what I want to do, but for a gun application its multiple modes is no good. The order of the modes is low/med/hi/turbo ... and cyling through modes with a twisty to get to the useful high or turbo output is not simple or quick like a tail switch on a tactical light.

my alternative I'm looking at is a Stramlight ProTac 1L (also a 1x CR123A), which would be ideal for my gun application with its ten-tap programming and clicky ... but it's nearly 1" longer than the fenix e15 despite using the same battery and similar outputs. So I want to see if I can make the Fenix e15 work for me.

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e15-led-flashlight-2016-edt/

A) Is there a way I can modify the e15 circuitry to only output one mode, preferably the high or turbo mode only? I used to build lasers and was thinking if the drivers are similar I might be able to modify the resistor values to output a single mode whenever it's turned on. No?

B) I have yet to even be able to take the the light head apart without wanting to destroy it... how do I even get this thing apart to see the election if circuit?

C) If modification is not doable, is there somewhere I can get a different module for this light that has only 1 mode?

thank you,
mac

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a fenix e15 (2016+ version) and love it........
B) I have yet to even be able to take the the light head apart without wanting to destroy it... how do I even get this thing apart to see the election if circuit?........ thank you,
mac
I didn't think it was too hard to get the head apart. I've seen harder ones. I just didn't like the greenish tint on mine and so the LED got changed out. I didn't look at the driver board and so not sure about how to advise there.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?414799-How-to-disassemble-a-Fenix-E15-head