Novatac 120 Triple Mod

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
I recently acquired an old made in US Novatac that doesn't work correctly. The light doesn't stay on while in the high mode, it starts to strob after just a few seconds of light. Very odd.

So, I'd like to take out the stock pill and add a triple. I have seen where several have done this before, but it seems everyone has used the stock driver to accomplish this. Before I dive into this to much, what are the issues I will run into?

I know I'll need to add McClicky, I should be able to move the pill forward to compensate for the extra space needed though. Having the pill made is another issue I may run into. I can't turn a pill myself so would need to rely on (hopefully) a member of this forum to do this for me. Unless I'm able to find a source somewhere else.

If you happen to have some pics to show this being completed that would be awesome! I couldn't find anything in my multiple searches.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
DZ, I found this post:
Plus, I do not believe you can put a McClicky in there. I remember mine being very thin. It might be an electronic switch. I'll try to have a look at mine before I head out of town.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?318243-Novatac-120T-mod

I saw a post, that I can't seem to find any longer, where think2x put a McClicky in one. Unfortunately it was many years ago and the pics were long gone. I'm unsure I'm up to the challenge, and this light may end up as garbage, but hopefully I can get it to work.

Latest posts