Who installed led light bar?

hjhjhj

Newly Enlightened
I want to install a led light bar on the top of the car.
but I don't know if this light can bring better lighting effect at night.
Who installed this light?Talk about your views.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roof-mounted lamps can be useful for off-road use. ON the road, though, they cause more problems for everyone.

What do you intend to use roof-mounted lamps for?

irsa76

Newly Enlightened
Another question is, what lightbar are you looking at running? I've get to see a lightbar mounted on the roof that doesn't produce excessive glare on the hood of the vehicle. Personally for normal usage I see no point of running an LED lightbar on the roof.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another question is, what lightbar are you looking at running? I've get to see a lightbar mounted on the roof that doesn't produce excessive glare on the hood of the vehicle. Personally for normal usage I see no point of running an LED lightbar on the roof.

Or shining it in the eyes of oncoming traffic first thing in the morning when you're on your way to work

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Thanks everyone
I only want to install one of these lights on the car(http://www.autojare.de/20-inch-126w-led-light-bar-cree-leds-ip67-flood-amp-spot_p0070.html
Turn on lights for auxiliary lighting when needed
Does not affect others
And I find a friend. He promised to help me install this light.
You won't like that on the roof of a car ----- on the bumper, yes. On the roof, no.
The more modern lightbars are starting to get some optics and some of them have decent spot beams that won't splash light off your hood. But if it says "flood" or "combo", you can count on a pretty wide pattern that will be annoying.
This is an insanely bright lightbar: https://extremeledlightbars.com/gt-series-20-led-light-bar They might be able to make it with all spots for you.

Don't use them on the road. You can kill somebody with something like that. They are fun offroad though; it's amazing to light up a hillside at night.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
This is an insanely bright lightbar: https://extremeledlightbars.com/gt-series-20-led-light-bar They might be able to make it with all spots for you.

I see some some pretty obvious copying of others in their offerings. Specifically, they have a copy of a couple of Baja Designs lights. I like the Baja Designs stuff...better color temperature, replaceable lenses, and they drive the LED's pretty hard. Do you have any experience with these knockoffs? Are they actually decent or just another set of copycatted lights that only look like the original?

Hilldweller

Enlightened
I see some some pretty obvious copying of others in their offerings. Specifically, they have a copy of a couple of Baja Designs lights. I like the Baja Designs stuff...better color temperature, replaceable lenses, and they drive the LED's pretty hard. Do you have any experience with these knockoffs? Are they actually decent or just another set of copycatted lights that only look like the original?
I won a light and bought a mate for it a few years ago ---- they're not top-of-the-line like Baja but they're better than ebay lights. They're still on the Jeep and have been beat on for 3 years. Haven't gotten as ugly as the really cheap-n-stinky Amazon lights.

There aren't too many companies that make high end, high quality lights. And none that do it at Walmart prices....

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I won a light and bought a mate for it a few years ago ---- they're not top-of-the-line like Baja but they're better than ebay lights. They're still on the Jeep and have been beat on for 3 years. Haven't gotten as ugly as the really cheap-n-stinky Amazon lights.

There aren't too many companies that make high end, high quality lights. And none that do it at Walmart prices....

Thanks. I was considering a Baja Designs light for getting around the ranch at night.
I figured these only looked like them....and as confirmed by you, don't actually perform like them. Thanks.

While I 'want' the BD light, it's hard to justify the cost when I'll only use it at the ranch. We only get out there once a year or so...
I'm sure I could get by just fine with a knockoff. I prefer quality, but don't really need it for this application. It would be nice to have the high output of a BD light simply because of their smaller footprint. I may just cobble together a magnetic mount and cigarette lighter plug setup. It doesn't need it to be roadworthy, I don't think I've ever exceeded 30mph on the ranch roads. Plus, with a temporary/magnetic mount, I would have the flexibility to throw it on anything we have down there (like the ranch trucks or even an atv).

Hilldweller

Enlightened
I've been taking the cheap-n-stinky route for offroad lights for a long time now. I'll put money into street lighting but I don't see the point offroad.
As far as BD goes, I wouldn't spend like that unless I was using them to go fast. They're amazing lights. For driving fast ---- but offroad is slow. The only real downside of the cheapies is that their carcasses oxidize more/faster than the high-dollar lights. And then they look cruddy. Still work but look old fast.

I've wanted to try these out but I don't really need any more lights...

Last edited by a moderator:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been taking the cheap-n-stinky route for offroad lights for a long time now. I'll put money into street lighting but I don't see the point offroad.
As far as BD goes, I wouldn't spend like that unless I was using them to go fast. They're amazing lights. For driving fast ---- but offroad is slow. The only real downside of the cheapies is that their carcasses oxidize more/faster than the high-dollar lights. And then they look cruddy. Still work but look old fast. I've wanted to try these out but I don't really need any more lights...

I think Rigid Industries might be a good compromise between quality and price.