Surefire site does not list any incan models

scout24

Flashaholic
Just walked the pups with M6/MN-15 combo. JS's X-LOLA. Still a winner. It's a shame they're gone...

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just walked the pups with M6/MN-15 combo. JS's X-LOLA. Still a winner.
MN-15 in 2x26650 body works fine and free. So why buy 6 primary cells for 2.5 hours?
I have this set up with pair of protected 26650 (5200mAh) and run time of over 4 hours.
Hopefully they still make and offer incand bulbs.

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had severe doubts about 6P discontinuation - not because of incans at all - but because I would lose the LEGO ability. The latest-greatest G2x/6PX/etc. are however superior to the 6P platform and the fact you cannot LEGO them is not a big problem, since Malkoff took care of that and his bodies that accept 18mm cells without any mods.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had severe doubts about 6P discontinuation - not because of incans at all - but because I would lose the LEGO ability. The latest-greatest G2x/6PX/etc. are however superior to the 6P platform and the fact you cannot LEGO them is not a big problem, since Malkoff took care of that and his bodies that accept 18mm cells without any mods.

I much prefer the knurling on the body and tailcap of the 6P to the smooth tailcap and oddly shaped ribs machined into the body of the 6PX anyday. I like that at least they went back to a more classic body style with the latest version of the PX3, but the tailcap now only has half the knurling of what the 6P/9P did.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, you can always transplant the Z41 tailcap onto it..

I think I'd rather use a clicky from a U2 since the glossy black Z41 might look a bit strange. Unfortunately there never was a Z41 in black type III finish.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are still lots of 6P lights available still. I just picked one up recently in order to have a little bit of history. I'm gonna throw a M61 of some sort in it when the bulb burns out.

--flatline

bykfixer

Flashaholic
6P's are generally fetching about $50 right now.

The ones drying up are G2's. Still cheap at $30-40 but finding them.... especially green, tan or yellow is becoming less and less easy.

I found what was called "pulled" P60's for about $5 each.

But yeah, some bulbs from the late 80's and early 90's are still burning brightly.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast

The ones drying up are G2's. Still cheap at $30-40 but finding them.... especially green, tan or yellow is becoming less and less easy.

But yeah, some bulbs from the late 80's and early 90's are still burning brightly.

Call me crazy but I've had some awesome luck with the KAI Domain 3.7V P60 Xenons. I have them in most of my old 6Ps, 6Rs, and 6Zs with a 16650 and they burn bright for many hours. At $3 they're a steal and really make these old lights light up again. I haven't had one burn out on me yet.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have sold for around that much for a long time on fleabay.

I get them just to get the bezel and the tailcap. Cheaper than buying parts individually. Then I have a mostly useless 6P body laying around.