my new hotnesses

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Not much to say. Got an amazing deal for 2 immaculate Vital Gear bodies. Others included in pics to give an idea of the reduction in length with a twisty/no tailcap. The shorty is fun, but the other one is special, takes 2xAA OR 3xCR123A (OR 2x14500 OR 1x14500 with a dummy cell OR 2xCR123A with dummy cell OR 2x16340 with dummy cell OR – if I can find a bipin lamp that fits Tad Customs E-socket that can handle 12.6v – 3x16340 OR I'm sure there are a few more cell combos, very versitile). I was going to try for the UBH, but this came up and I stared at it for days in a daze before realizing what a great deal it was for both. Seller, unknown CPF member, was very generous. This nearly makes up for the 2 E's I lost in the last year. Not really. But I am very happy with them, especially considering how much I paid for the E2L AA. I can't hardly wait for the Lumens Factory Elite heads to appear. How about you? Ok, too much to say. Have a great day CPF!!

zcAKUCc.jpg

gdh7Z8R.jpg

L2VCl6v.jpg

CLTbyDO.jpg

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
LoL, I stared at those for quite awhile on ebay. Almost bought them, but I already have way too many SF compatible bodies I don't use.

I'm glad somebody got them who appreciates them!

night.hoodie

Enlightened
LoL, I stared at those for quite awhile on ebay. Almost bought them, but I already have way too many SF compatible bodies I don't use.

I'm glad somebody got them who appreciates them!

Thank you for having restraint! I find it hard to believe they lasted so long hanging out there, but grateful. They have a good home, in constant use nightly. Due to my loss of the other two E's, they will never leave home. I'm only carrying cheap lights away from home from now on, learned my expensive lesson.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
beautiful place to live!

Thank you. It is a tiny rental cottage somewhere hidden in the backwaters of the Chesapeake watershed, I believe once servants quarters. Its very affordable or I could not live here, but still 3-4 times the floor space of my last shack at the same price, though without all inclusive utility bills. As a luxury to me, this one has a bathroom with a shower and toilet and everything. Told bykfixer in pm, I've been trying to get back to this area for a very long time, and after two months homeless, on a friends couch and in a hotel, with great effort, I landed well somehow. So far, so good. I'm burrowing in. It is cool, quiet and very dark at night. The whole area is a bird sanctuary, and the mornings are filled with birdsong, and there are a few birds saying something all night long. I know one is a peacock, but not sure what the others are. While my brother has been for decades, I'm not a birder, but starting to get interested. It was the call of a Green-backed Heron that started me wondering, "what the f--- is that?" Weird call, loud and scary before dawn. It took me a few days of research to identify. Awesome creature. There are Bald Eagles and Osprey, I know those ones, and I saw another large heron today for the first time I want to identify. Its not a Blue Heron, nor a Sandhill Crane, perhaps a Great White Heron, or Great Egret. I really need to replace my glasses and get some binoculars. I don't fish, but hope to borrow, steal, buy, commission or build a small sail boat, maybe a Pram or a Sunfish, maybe something faster and sexier, small multihull. But I'm babbling. What's important here is that I am basically ignoring the fixed lighting and not installing any floor or table lamps. All my light, but for above the stove when cooking, is all flashlight all day and all night long, and that almost entirely incan. I live alone, so I can do that if I want.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sounds like your 'own little Idaho'. (A great tune by the BoDeans that describes a similar deal like yours).

Those little VG bodies are sweet.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for having restraint! I find it hard to believe they lasted so long hanging out there, but grateful. They have a good home, in constant use nightly. Due to my loss of the other two E's, they will never leave home. I'm only carrying cheap lights away from home from now on, learned my expensive lesson.

You bet buddy! I kept going no.. I'm not gonna do it. About three different times I almost clicked that button. Was a great price for what they are.

I'm really a sucker for that old school dark golden natural hard anodizing.