PD32 2018...? 2019...?

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my PD32 for a few years now, and have really enjoyed it. I EDC mine, and I have been very impressed with the size and usefulness.
My qustion is with regards to whether or not there will be an updated version anytime soon? I ask because I have noticed this light become increasingly difficult to acquire, most likely due to the fact it has 900 vs 1000 lumens in the PD35 (what I was told by an authorized dealer). I suppose those extra 100 lumens mean a lot to some folks...But I like the fact the 32 can tailstand, which is a dealbreaker for me as I work in electrical panels often, and rely on that performance feature.
So, any plans to update this, perhaps in a less cooler tint?
Or, is there plans to discontinue it?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree and feel your strugle. I'm using PD32UE for years just because of it's beam and tint. Now electronics died and Fenix sent me regular head...dissaster. But i would be happy if Fenix make a 32 update or at least 35 in several options like other manufacturers doing. Now i'm seriously thinking to switch to Nitecore because multiple options per 1 lamp and quality is a bit higher. Btw, my L2D is still running after aprox 9-10years and now new lights cannot reach even half. Sad.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Let us ask the engineers if there are any plans for an upgrade. We will post their answers here.
Thanks for being a PD32 fan.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Right now Fenix doesn't have any plans to upgrade the current PD32 model. That's not to say it won't be in the future though.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i understand, since 35 took over. But at least 35 could be upgraded ie: emitter type COOL W (narrow beam) or NEUTRAL/WARM W (floody), then battery option definetly beside 18650 there should be option for CR123, 16340 and 18350 in the same tube. That's 2 main options everybody has at this moment. It would be nice to see Fenix to step up a bit.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We sent this reply to Fenix and this is what we have to look forward to:

"...
[FONT=&quot]we will have some more lighting options with neutral white and different battery types for choice in the near future. Let's wait and see!"

So it looks as though what you are requesting may be in future releases. Thanks!

[/FONT]

Well i understand, since 35 took over. But at least 35 could be upgraded ie: emitter type COOL W (narrow beam) or NEUTRAL/WARM W (floody), then battery option definetly beside 18650 there should be option for CR123, 16340 and 18350 in the same tube. That's 2 main options everybody has at this moment. It would be nice to see Fenix to step up a bit.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
I just like the size of the 32. For whatever reason, I notice the extra length in other lights. 32 is one of my favorite lights, and just has a great size and weight with the ability to tailstand, which I really need often when I work in electrical panels.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
What the 2020 PD32 V3.0 should be-The original PD32 was and still is a great and practical size. The PD32 2016 is as well but it is getting a bit too PD35 for its britches and kind of moving very AWAY from the original PD32 concept of just big enough to take an 18650 with a moderate not pushing 1000 lumens power level. The 2020 PD32 V3.0 should NOT push more than 650 lumens OTF. Make the light all about long, solid, reliable, super stable run times. This 2020 PD32 could very easily be as big as the original and meet ALL of those marks. IP68 of course. PREMIUM emitter. Include a top tier Fenix 18650.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't agree more with Celtic Cross! I love my PD31s because they are perfect 18650 all-rounders. The XP-G and XP-G2 emitters offer a versatile beam, practical output levels, respectable runtimes, and a very decent throw! The PD32 kind of followed the same concept!

Unfortunately, market pressure seems to have started a trend where the primary goal is to put as many lumens as possible nearly on every new light!

Last edited: