Gauging interest in Copper/Mushroom Nightlight 3-4 pcs

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Didn't know where else to put this.

I have been tinkering around in my limited spare time and came up with a simple light that fills a purpose for me in a couple ways .
I was motivated to create something for myself that satisfied my desire to have a unique mood lighting source that met a few standards of my own

1)Made using copper (love that copper!!)
2)Low power consumption/no batteries required
3)Warm tint/low light level (night light)
4)Ability to utilize a timer for auto On/Off
5)Utilize UCL approved wiring/component for safety
This is what I came up with . sorry for the crappy quality

zgfgtoy.jpg

szxEWHH.jpg

mKDjfKL.jpg

iI5f39m.jpg

kH4zRNz.jpg

e71xMxG.jpg

DSsr9fg.jpg

upthzlA.jpg

mQFgtuL.jpg

I am happy with the way they came out .

I have the ability to make 3-4 more 2 styles and wanted to see if anyone on CPF would be interested I have lost the source for the glass mushroom heads at a reasonable price and have3-4 left. If so I would set up a thread in For Sale section

Now these are not cheap for me to make so the price may be more than feasible for most? Since I am not a manufacturer or wholesaler all components in these are sourced retail .The copper fixtures alone are $30-$40 . I would be setting a price that would be covering my cost only for the parts. The hours I spend making them will not be include. Not trying to make a buck here.My motivation is just getting a cpl of these in enthusiasts hands and knowing they are being enjoyed as I enjoy mine . It takes hours polishing the copper fixtures by hand alone.

I would include a spare bulb (led) with each light for years of service. Uses standard Candelabra base UCL listed
The LEDs used consume a mere .5Watts and produce about 15lumens so running these everyday will amount to a few dollars a year . The copper reflects and adds a nice warmth to the output. Output is directed mainly upward and the wall/ceiling bounce effect is very cool and nice. ON/Off rotary switch. Wire can be brown or white. I hook mine up to timers for worry free on/off .these lights can be completely taken apart and cleaned/serviced by end user easily

Price would be in the $65-$85 just spitballing range plus shipping which because of wght and odd size would be in the $10 estimate?

Can elaborate and answer all questions as best I can to any interested. If no interest I am just happy to share my little creation with you

thanx for looking!!

Last edited:

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
well I guess theres not much to interest people with this type of stuff nowadays . I have a cpl close to done I will be listing on WTS page soon. will list in the $50 range plus shipping

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey don't give up so fast! This area of the board doesn't get quite as much traffic as others so sometimes it takes a few days for people to find these threads. In any case I think they are cool! I saw it yesterday and was thinking about how I could use one. Maybe on my desk? Is the lower protruding cylinder part the on/off knob?

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Thanx guys . Different strokes for different folks :)

CPF is cutting edge stuff and this is probably more of an Etsy thing :)

I didn't know where to post this . I should have just went to sales area of the forum and I need to get pics in not just links

Those are the non scratching rubber feet you see not a knob . This light uses an inline rotary switch . they are plug in not battery powered

nbp

Flashaholic
I mean the eyeball looking part that sticks out perpendicular to the main fixture. What is that?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, it looked clever to me, too ... but you would definitely attract more interest if you edited OP to include inline "IMG" tags

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
Oh Haha!!! Ok sorry about that

That's a Brass ring that houses a glass sphere (marble to the common man :) ) Its back lit a bit at night for a little extra visual effect. wish I could find some cool 5/8" colors to use . right now its a semiclear aqua like color. camra cant pick it up at all

nbp

Flashaholic
Gotcha. That's cool. The marble eyeball.... oooooohhh creepy! Haha.

Zandar

Enlightened
I saw this yesterday and it reminded me of a candelabra type brass light someone made on the forum several years ago. Those were battery powered and had a choice of copper finishes and theyy were dimmable as I recall. I think your pricing would be right in line with those and they did sell well. Would you consider adding a dimmer switch? I really like your creativity and style, so yes I would buy one!:popcorn: