problems with Armytek Tiara A1 Pro

michael33

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

anyone out there having trouble with Armytek electronics, too? My A1 Pro (setting 1 for AA power) is only running as described in the manual when using 14500 cells (as they are protected I did not change the power setting to 2 and left it with AA). That means: cycling through all modes (contrary to their manual there are only two firefly modes, though) works fine.

When using standard NiMH the flashlight starts flashing its indicator beacon yellow (although cells were freshly charged) and the cycling through the modes is not working properly (no two boost modes), after a few minutes no more top main mode...

When using a freshly charged Eneloop (1,45V) all modes work for a few minutes than the indicator light blinks red (!) meaning power is too low? It then even shuts down the lamp completely (instead of stepping down to firefly).

In addition, I did not succeed entering the tactical mode nor the permanently flashing voltage indicator. Maybe I am not good with 1/4 twists or the lamp is not working properly.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong? Any way of resetting the electronics?

It´s so annoying with Armytek, not the first time...I need a flashlight I can trust in all situations in the outdoors!

Michael

chadvone

Enlightened
Earlier versions didn't have 2 boost modes, but did only have 2 firefly modes. Sounds like you have a earlier version.

Also there is Not a tactical mode on the Tiara A1 Pro lights. Nor the permanently flashing voltage indicator.

did the manual come with or did you find one online.

Sure you have done this but do it again.

Hold from OFF through all modes until you get a um, beacon. then click once. IT should blink once to confirm Primary

Repeat

Hope this helps some.

Chad

michael33

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chad, for a quick reply. I do have two boost modes, but only two firefly modes?! Strange.
Thanks for the info with the non-existing features, this was from the manual in the pack, what a weird marketing strategy...

I did confirm primary also in the first place, but let me do it twice again just to make sure. Will report back!

(so this sounds to you as if the flashlight is operating on the wrong voltage level and thinks the (apparently) "inserted li-o cell" is close to die...? fingers crossed that it will sort it)

michael33

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chad, for a quick reply. I do have two boost modes, but only two firefly modes?! Strange.
Thanks for the info with the non-existing features, this was from the manual in the pack, what a weird marketing strategy...

I did confirm primary also in the first place, but let me do it twice again just to make sure. Will report back!

(so this sounds to you as if the flashlight is operating on the wrong voltage level and thinks the (apparently) "inserted li-o cell" is close to die...? fingers crossed that it will sort it)

Ace, that worked, stupid electronics...

thanks for your hint!
m.