Manker LAD but better?

superedge88

Newly Enlightened
My Manker LAD power button fell off and Manker is ignoring my requests to purchase a replacement. So I'm reluctantly looking for a replacement. Here's what made the Manker LAD the perfect keychain flashlight for me.

Button was recessed so there were no accidental turn ons.
Neutral tint
Wasn't a twisty turn on / off.

Is anyone aware of a keychain flashlight that checks these boxes?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I've had a few different keyring flashlights in this form factor.

Button is not recessed, but I've been satisfied with the MecArmy SGN3.

I would call the tint / temp on mine towards the cool side of neutral, guessing perhaps ~ 5700K, but certainly very reasonable for that range.

Last edited:

pc_light

Enlightened
My Manker LAD power button fell off and Manker is ignoring my requests to purchase a replacement. So I'm reluctantly looking for a replacement. Here's what made the Manker LAD the perfect keychain flashlight for me.

Button was recessed so there were no accidental turn ons.
Neutral tint
Wasn't a twisty turn on / off.

Is anyone aware of a keychain flashlight that checks these boxes?
Sorry to hear about the LAD problem and that Manker isn't being responsive, that's disappointing, particularly since it's one of my favorites for size, simplicity and rugedness.

Nothing I've come across ticks all the boxes but I've put together a compendium of small rectangular keychain/"Pocket de-Lights in a thread here", perhaps the list can be of some use with your search for a second choice. For good recessed button I also like the SF Sidekick, for Neutral Tint the NC TIP CRI is great and for size the NC Mini is it.

I don't have any of the MecArmy lights but I have acquired several additional lights (K1, Geek, TINI, ION,...), since starting that thread. If I happen to have a light you're considering, I'd be glad to offer my impressions/ a quick comparison.

Sazeus

Newly Enlightened
I have the same problem with the LAD button. It lasted 6 months on my keys. Shame because it was really good while it lasted.

superedge88

Newly Enlightened
Any other new suggestions? I've been using the lad without the rubber button and I just dropped it in some water (accidentally) and I think it may be dead, so I may be pressed into pulling the trigger on a replacement.