Titanium Rotary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had done a poll back in February 2015, and thought I would try again.

This poll is only for people who would actually buy one.

Henry and I have been discussing the possibility of doing a titanium run of HDS ROTARY and TACTICAL lights. NOT executive or "Clicky" lights.

This is for titanium... NOT brass, copper, sterling silver, or whatever other substance turns you on. Titanium. Did I mention this was for titanium and not another substance?

These would have premium emitters (not sure which ones currently, but there would most likely be a choice... you know me... I like choices)

Cost would most likely be in the 1k mark.

If you would purchase one, please just post below. If you wouldn't, just ignore this thread and move on. I'm trying to get a feel if a run is feasible or not.

My apologies if I seemed nasty when I first posted this. I simply didn't want this to turn into a "you would be crazy to pay xxx for a light" or "xxx is better because xxx" and "why can't we have unobtanium" or 15 pages of how the light can be improved by someone who has never actually even held one. I didn't mean for it to by nasty, but I did want it to stay focussed like a laser beam.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
This was posted 27 minutes ago, and we're not on page three yet??? :)

(Can't believe I was the second poster!)

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I would have to sell some of my older hds lights but YEP I'd buy one. Please A TWISTY!!!!!

Greta

Flashaholic
Hogo - Please edit your first post so it is not so confrontational and exclusionary. I fully understand what you are trying to do here... but your flat out nastiness is NOT what this forum is about. I'm sure you can find a better way to get what you are looking for? Under other circumstances, a post like that would get you a few days off. This is not a suggestion, btw.

Also - I have moved this thread to the Custom Builders forum. That's where it belongs... for future reference.

moltenmag

Enlightened
Hogo I appreciate the bluntness haha. I'd definitely have to sell a bunch of lights but I'd be interested!

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still want that titanium rotary if the knurling is just as good as the original ti clicky

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti weights nearly as much as steel.. How about we go in the other direction, 4140 cold roll steel Parkerized?
Strong, affordable, and as option you can offer hard chrome finish!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti weights nearly as much as steel.. How about we go in the other direction, 4140 cold roll steel Parkerized?
Strong, affordable, and as option you can offer hard chrome finish!

and it starts...
"This is for titanium... NOT brass, copper, sterling silver, or whatever other substance turns you on. Titanium. Did I mention this was for titanium and not another substance?"

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti weights nearly as much as steel

Besides being off-topic, this isn't even true. Steel is almost twice as dense as titanium. Its not "nearly as much" as steel, its "almost half".

Back to the topic at hand, I'm in. I'd appreciate a bit of heads-up though, some updates as things progress please, because I'll surely have to sell some things to make it work.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many do you need for it to be a reality?

Last titanium run was 2009 and 75 were made. I've been talking with our machinist to get a current quote for the parts. Previous quotes were insanely high from other machinists so my hope is our current machinist is just crazy high... we have a good rapport!

At this point, I honestly don't have an exact number, and probably won't for a few weeks until I get the quote back from the machinist. There were 30 yeses back in 2015, and at that time, Henry wasn't willing to do it for that number. I can be persuasive though as I'm a cranky and crotchety SOB. Might be able to get Henry to do it if only to shut me up.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides being off-topic, this isn't even true. Steel is almost twice as dense as titanium. Its not "nearly as much" as steel, its "almost half".

Back to the topic at hand, I'm in. I'd appreciate a bit of heads-up though, some updates as things progress please, because I'll surely have to sell some things to make it work.

Will give lots of updates. I do try to pass along info as I get it, even if I'm a bit uncouth in doing so.
My guess is if it does happen, it may require a deposit or presale type of thing, but I would be responsible for the timeline. Not that I don't trust Henry for the timeline, but I don't trust Henry for the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.