2AAA Mini-Maglite+Eneloops+2AA Xenon Bulb+UCL

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Quite a fun little setup IMO. I discovered that when running LSD AAA's, using the 2AA Xenon bulbs in the 2AAA Maglite gives a nice little boost in brightness and whiteness over the stock AAA bulb. Plus having the UCL helps all those little lumens escape out the front.

The output is pathetic compared to what we have today, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying this little incan. It's nice to see the boost in output over the stock setup.

konifans

Enlightened
Quite a fun little setup IMO. I discovered that when running LSD AAA's, using the 2AA Xenon bulbs in the 2AAA Maglite gives a nice little boost in brightness and whiteness over the stock AAA bulb. Plus having the UCL helps all those little lumens escape out the front.

The output is pathetic compared to what we have today, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying this little incan. It's nice to see the boost in output over the stock setup.

I dont have a 2AAA mini-mag but I think the 2AAA and 2AA is actually using the same bulb? I always use LSD batteries in my 2AA and it works fine, about 20 hours of bulb life.

product_bulbcard_mm_incan_2c_aa_aaa_1_2.jpg

The best mod of my AA mini-mag is to use the 2C / 2D bi-pin bulb from Maglite, plus Eneloop 2AA, amazing brightness for such a little light. I think it is 3 times brighter than the 2AA bulb. Of course you have to expand the hole in the reflector to fit the 2C / 2D bi pin bulb. And the original plastic lens still works fine.

lmxa201_640x440_1_1.jpg

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Very interesting. Admittedly the bulbs I am using are quite old, but the stock bulb from the AAA is clearly different than the AA Xenon bulb I have. I suppose Maglite must have changed them at some point.

Great tip about using the 2D bi pin bulb in the AA. I am definitely going to try this! I bet the throw is quite impressive.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't report bulb life, but using lithium AAs makes for a very nice boost in output :devil:
(so I should think it would in your AAA, too)

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I can't report bulb life, but using lithium AAs makes for a very nice boost in output :devil:
(so I should think it would in your AAA, too)

I'm certain the output would be good, but the lithium AAA's are just too expensive to run in a light like this :sigh: