Bright single 18650

ryanmcde2587

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

I like a nice bright, medium distance, single 18650 for my EDC. Currently I own the the Eagletac D25 Tactical. It's a great light, but now I'm seeing brighter single 18650s (jealous :p) and I'm also more interested in a less blue light these days. Bright is cool ( crappy pun intended) but a warmer colored light is more useful. The two lights that I was looking at initially are:

Zebralight sc600w IV plus (Heard that these are picky with battery size, I own 2 18650 rechargables that may be too big)
Eagletac DX3B Mini Pro (CREE XHP50.2 J4 Neutral White LED) (utilizing the battery extension tube)

Any thought's/comments/concerns/alternatives?

Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Zebralight's are awesome little lights, yes the one mentioned requires a higher drain 18650 flat top. So sanyo GA or sony vtc6 would work well along with samsung 30Q to name 3 examples. Cant comment on that particular eagtac as i dont have.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Well, (1x)18650 is likely the largest single category of flashlights currently, with probably thousands of choices.

You may get better advice here by filling out and (copy-paste) posting the "checklist" with your requirements and preferences, starting with preferred budget ;)

Dynapoints

Newly Enlightened
Hi there!

I am new to serious flashlights. But after reading here I have purchased the Zebralight mentioned and also a ThruNite Neutron 2C V3 1100 Lumen which is a rechargeable 18650 light. Both are great lights. The Thrunite is longer but is also a charger. The Zebralight is a dwarf in comparison. I really like the Thrunite infinity brightness regulation (sorry if it is not called that) and mode of operation. Uses protected cells as well. If I had to choose I would pick the thrunite because of the mode of operation (works like a dimmer), is rechargeable, uses protected cells and is as bright as the zebralight whose only real advantage to me is the size.

Angel

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
If you want a real treat go for a high CRI zebralight...it makes colors pop in a way most other lights can't. Only downside to mine is it gets a bit hot and doesn't stay on turbo for very long. I also recommend the thrunite neutron 2c.

Keitho

Enlightened
My EDC is the smaller SC64, a high CRI version. Highly recommended due to size, durability, beam, UI, and efficiency.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a ZL SC600 CW, but mostly EDC a ET D25C Ti. clicky.

If you want a high quality, really bright 18650 light, for $40 shipped (more for XP-L), get the Emisar D4 with any one of a few emitters. I went with the Nichia 219CT. It's a quad light with a ramping UI.

For another $7+ all shipped, you can get a nice pocket clip and an 18350 body.

You will want to get a couple of Sony VTC-5a high drain cells.

Chris