Need help finding a protected 16340 light (for more choice of cells)

andydviking

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

____This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Up to $100.

3) Format:

headlamp or regular flashlight

4) Size:

5) Emitter/Light source:

____LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

either one of these

____I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
____I would like a light from a specialty manufacturer (Possibly limited run/Custom).

7) What power source do you want to use?

rechargable unprotected cells. built in protection in flashlight much preferred

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option

____I don't care

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).

don't care about turbo. I prefer a 100ish luman mode for good edc light and runtimes along with moonlights and low mode.

____SPECIAL NOTE: Burst/Turbo mode Category - There are several lights that will run at a super bright maximum for a very limited period (usually 5-10 minutes) and then will "step-down" to a lower level for thermal control. Check here if this is acceptable.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.

don't care but not super duper floody

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
15 yards

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).

most important is 1.5 - 2 hours at 100ish lumens.

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

I'd like it to be tough and reliable cause it'll be in my pocket

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):

____Any size switch will do.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

multiple levels

14)Material/Finish/Coating

don't care

15) Water resistance
IPX 7 or 8

16) Storage conditions
____In house (temperature/climate controlled environment)

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.

none

Robe

Enlightened
It's over your budget, but I think the HDS rotary (my favorite light) checks all the other boxes.

andydviking

Newly Enlightened
They do look nice. Ive been eyeing them for a long time. But yes, right now sadly, they are out of my budget. Thank you for the recommendation.

andydviking

Newly Enlightened
They are great lights. I actually just recently sold mine but it was the original version with the old UI. I just wish they wouldn't puit their high mode quite so high and medium was just a bit higher. So it could eek out a bit more run time. That's why I am attracted to the Zebralight I think.