"Pro" Fujitsu batteries for Electronic Fly Racket?

sheweyd

Newly Enlightened
I learned a lot about Eneloop's history from this forum and would like to confirm the "Pro" line for Fujitsu AA's being suitable for electric fly swatting rackets?

As I understand it the sudden power consumption of a fly racket is damaging to rechargeable batteries and so I thought that this was what the "Pro" line were designed for (flash mounts for DSLRs), and so it would make sense to use them in a fly racket over the normal variants?

Frijid

Enlightened
I think the real problem with rechargeable is over discharge, instead of sudden power consumption. How often do you really plan on using a fly racket? It may make more sense to just use alkaline, unless you plan on using it multiple hours straight a day.

sheweyd

Newly Enlightened
I thought that power consumption and discharge were the same thing?

I have a PowerX MH-C9000 and know how to charge the batteries and discharge them to not stress the battery. But as for use in a fly swatting racket I know from previous ones that the power doesn't last long; typically the first use is the best and it's downhill from there on.

So I thought that as the "Pro" line are designed for sudden bursts that they would suit best?

I live in a farmhouse so we are getting them now it's mid May, and will likely have to put up with them until September, it'll be a worthwhile investment if it works to peak performance.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Nope! The difference between "Pro" and "Standard" is only that Pro is a lot more expensive, gives 25% more capacity (2500mAh vs 2000mAh) and will only last for 500 recharges (vs standard 2100). It should be noted the Pro variety are a lot more fragile than Standard, require more mindfulness: never overdischarge or overcharge, always rest cells before/after charging and use, never drop. The Standard variety are insanely more economical, unless that extra 25% capacity is needed for some special circumstance. The Ikea Ladda 2500mAh AA cells are probably relabeled Eneloop Pro for the least amount, but the Ladda 1000mAh AA cells can not be Standard Eneloop. All things considered, I believe the "Pro" label is all PRO-hype and mind-control. Don't be a weak-minded fool like me. Standard Eneloops last longer with 4x the expected recharges, and are more resilient to overdischarge and overcharge. I think most users inadvertently overdischarge their cells, and ovecharge them in dumb chargers, and only rest cells accidentally. Regular Eneloops are champs for this sort of abuse, but the Pros will fail, refuse to hold charge after only 75 recharges. Just MHO, YMMV,

sheweyd

Newly Enlightened
In teresting, I thought that the extra power would come in handy as it delivered a shock.

You're likely right in that I would get more life from those batteries, sounds like good advice.

Thanks!

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would think that if you are concerned about wearing out eneloop batteries with a fly zapper you have a much bigger issue.
btw mine is modded with extra caps and an 18650.it blows wasps apart and they dont get back up.
I learned a lot about Eneloop's history from this forum and would like to confirm the "Pro" line for Fujitsu AA's being suitable for electric fly swatting rackets?

As I understand it the sudden power consumption of a fly racket is damaging to rechargeable batteries and so I thought that this was what the "Pro" line were designed for (flash mounts for DSLRs), and so it would make sense to use them in a fly racket over the normal variants?