Sinner or Okluma

Redhos83

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. Trying to decide if I should get a sinner or an Okluma for my first custom triple. I really like the look of the sinner but I have heard amazing things about Okluma. There is a guy that has a used dc1 with h17f upgrade for $350. Just want to hear opinions from everyone with a lot more experience with the two.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. Trying to decide if I should get a sinner or an Okluma for my first custom triple. I really like the look of the sinner but I have heard amazing things about Okluma. There is a guy that has a used dc1 with h17f upgrade for $350. Just want to hear opinions from everyone with a lot more experience with the two.

3-4 years ago, they might have been innovative, but these days, triple/quads are ubiquitous and unless you have to have some now 'run-of-the-mill' case work, you can get something like a quad 219CT Emisar D4/D4 Ti. (or others LED) for $40-$100 and get it now.

Chris

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have had both. Sold both, re-acquired the Okluma. Jeff's machining quality is superb and built to last a lifetime. When you buy from Jeff, you're paying for his lifetime, no-questions asked warranty. His customer service is the best in the business. You definitely can't say the same for some similar lights. The Sinner is good too, but the build quality of my sample was definitely inferior to the Okluma. I disliked the clip - absolute junk - and the threads didn't feel as smooth. Of course that's a byproduct of it being made of titanium, but I would've also preferred Grade 5 over Grade 2. The Sinner scratched sort of easily. I can't speak for Sinner's newer work though. His new version looks crazy cool and I've heard that the build quality has improved significantly relative to his earlier works.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry can't decide between the two. If your budget permits, get both and decide by then. It's very subjective, and will vary from user to user. I can't let go of either. Both are great choices. Good luck, let us know what you ended up with.

Redhos83

Newly Enlightened
Well i got both of them. I will get the okluma today and the sinner later in the week. Something about the look of the sinner is what i really like.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Well i got both of them. I will get the okluma today and the sinner later in the week. Something about the look of the sinner is what i really like.

Congrats ! .... Posting some photos, and your thoughts on these, after you've had both for a bit would be most welcome :)