Looking for my edc flashlight.

Qwerty_torch

Newly Enlightened
Hey candle power forums. I have been researching on google and youtube to find a specific flashlight as part of my every day carry ensemble. After days of searching I haven't found what I'm looking for and decided to come here for any suggeztions. The flashlight I'm looking for has these specifications: 1. 600 lumens minimum. 2. Led style. 3. Flat body design(think s1 olight baton.) 4. Rear switch operated. 5. Has clip. 6. CRI of 100. 7. Four to five inches in length. 8. Waterproof. 9. Recargeable. 10. Magnetic back with magnetic charging plate. 11. Long battery life. 12. Either default wide beam or adnustable beam. I'm willing to spend $300 to $500. If anyone knows of something like this I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

parametrek

Enlightened
You can get 100 CRI in an LED. It just isn't common. 98 or even 95 is good enough and those are easy.

The biggest problem is tail magnet and tail switch together. That really limits your options!

I'm only aware of one light that meets all of your requirements except for high CRI: the Olight M2R. And then pay someone the other $200-$400 of your budget to mod it with the a high CRI 12V Nichia LED.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
2. Led style.
6. CRI of 100.

LED is a technology, not a style, but the more important thing, as Archmides has pointed out, is that LED and 100 CRI are (at this time) mutually exclusive. You can get a reasonably high CRI with the Nichia 219b (about 92CRI);

And all these other things?
1. 600 lumens minimum.
11. Long battery life.
That's also getting into somewhat unrealistic territory, depending on what you mean by "long battery life".
and 10. Magnetic back with magnetic charging plate is very specific, too.

This is a very tall order.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of any lights that do magnetic charging, unless you mean 'induction' charging. There are a few lights available that do induction charging, but they don't have magnets associated with them.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you need to walk away and rethink. With your budget look at HDS Flashlights.
It doesn't do more than 325 lumens, or most of the the other things that you want.
But trust me, in a years time you'll wish you hadn't wasted your money on something else.
Go here..
https://www.hdssystems.com/
and wander round, it's not the flashiest website even, but it's honest.
Just my 2 cents.
P

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
You can get 100 CRI in an LED. It just isn't common. 98 or even 95 is good enough and those are easy....

OK, you have piqued my interest ... I'm curious to know a commercially available LED flashlight, in stock unmodded form, with output rated at 100 CRI ?

EDIT ... nevermind, I see now what you were suggesting.

Last edited: