surefire deutschland

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hi to all sorry for my ignorance but reading messages on the forum I read of "surefire deutschland": are torches made in Germany?
what are the differences to the American ones?
could you explain the story to me?
for collectors are of equal value?
thanks to all those who will answer me

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry, it's not something I've heard of either. It would be good if they were made in Germany though, so import charges can be avoided for EU customers such as you and I (until March 2019 of course).

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past (~10-15 years ago) the previous German Distributor of Surefire sold lights marked with "Surefire Deutschland", but the lights were always made in USA. The Distributor does not exist anymore from what I know.

Today the Distributor for at least Germany is "Manfred Alberts GmbH". You can get basically all SF lights in the German Flashlightshop (Flashlightshop.de). Depending on the light the prices are more or less high. The EDCL1/2 and Tactician are fair in price, the i.e. Aviators are expensive...

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder when they'll get (flashlightshop.de) new SF lights like Fury DFT and batteries as well. Most of the lights they sell are not the newest date.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
At least a couple 'German' SF 3P's (i.e. tailcap engraving) have went through the B/S/T subforum over the years.
IIRC, they sold for a slight discount here in the US i.e. ~$150 vs $200.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
are torches made in Germany?
No, they were never made in germany. WarriorOfLight already explained it very well. In addition I just wanted to mention, that back in those days a lot of the Surefire designations had in added -PH. For example the 6P was the 6P-PH in germany. PH simply were the initials of the distributor/importer Peter Hoffmann.

Eric

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe on paper, not for real. It is still SF like the one bought in US.
Custom charges build up their price.

Of course it is. They just add their name. They do this with all manufacturers, not just Surefire. It has legal reasons.