Spotlight recommendation

nightowl66

Newly Enlightened
I used to have those 2 and 3 million candlepower rechargeable spotlights. What would be comparable to those? I just want something for around the property. I'd like to keep it under $50 if possible.
thanks for any info.

SKV89

Enlightened
Is candlepower equivalent to candela? Isn't 2 or 3 million equal to 2 or 3 times the throw of a BLF GT, which is the current king of throw? For $50? Sorry I might be completely mistaken because I'm a novice at this stuff.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
SKV, he's talking about the inflated Chinese rated lights... They usually max out at less then 700,000cp and often are less than 200,000cp.
I'd say drop an HID kit in it with a new batt.

hahoo

Enlightened
SKV, he's talking about the inflated Chinese rated lights... They usually max out at less then 700,000cp and often are less than 200,000cp.
I'd say drop an HID kit in it with a new batt.

yeah those old lights are hilarious for ratings
calling a 100,000 lux light 10 million cp is too funny
ive got a light that fits in my front pocket that out throws those

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight Waypoint is a close fit to your requirements. No big numbers, just works. It is only 500 lumens, but because of the large reflector, it has a rated throw of 600m. It uses four 'C' cells for a decent run time, and is very close to your $50 price point. Of course, you could go to almost any large hardware store and find the current version of the lights you mentioned for about the same price, but I would stick with Streamlight.

PS: There is also a rechargeable version, but it is somewhat more expensive.