Canoeing light?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not super picky on the specs, basically "bright enough to work and long enough runtime to not worry about it." Looking at something like a lightweight keychain light or a headlamp. Probably would ask for minimum wage 100lm high although might be able to do a lot better these days. Runtime is like a low mode with a good strong run time.

Not sure how aggressive waterproofing would be needed. Obviously more is better but would the normal ip67 1 meter 30min be adequate? I would want to be comfortable swimming/snorkeling with it. Battery option isn't critical although I would err towards AA if you really pushed it.

Zak

Enlightened
The Manker E03H with Nichia 219C is a decent option, I think. It should be 200ish lumens on high, AA battery and excellent color quality. Usable as both a headlamp and a handheld. IPX8 advertised. Costs $30.

You could get much better performance with an 18650 light in terms of output and runtime, of course.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
The Zebralight H53Fc might be a good choice of headlamp if you really want a AA option. High CRI, IPX8, and excellent efficiency. The Armytek Tiara A1 Pro could also be good, very durable but not high CRI.

18650 based lights would offer significant improvement to brightness and runtimes, but they would also be larger.

There are a ton of decent small/keychain sized lights out there. I like the Thrunite Ti3. You could go a step bigger and get a small AA light like the L3 Illuminations L11C, which would mean you use the same batteries in your headlamp and backup light.