• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD!: RARE - the Nickel Surefire E2e with clickie and TNT SingLED (LAST drop)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey friends,

I've finally decided to give up the last of my treasures - the one I held on till the very end. This is one of the legends: the Nickel series of SF lights. For those of you who know, no introduction is needed :)

I bought this gem twelve years ago on the Marketplace, and I have used it so it does have a few usage marks - it isn't mint, but it is still beautiful. I've refitted it with a TNT SingLED dropin, which casts an immensely broad but gentle cool white LED beam, and it has a click switch installed by removing the original internals and replacing the guts with a clickie. The outer shell is original, because I didn't want to detract from the look of this light. It looks completely stock with modern internals.

The SingLED runs on a single 17670, which is the way I have always powered this light, or will take 2xCR123 according to its specs. No batteries included in order to simplify international shipping.

Light ships by trackable air mail with tracking to US, UK, EU and Australia. Asking $280 by Paypal, (was $750) "I'll take it" in this post (timestamped) followed by Paypal within 24 hours, gets the light. Please take it before I change my mind :) I have loved this light for a long time, but it is time for it to make someone else happy, and I need the cash so I apologize that

I will throw in a little collectible surprise, a unique piece of SF memorabilia if someone takes it at the asking price.

Last but not least.....current photos of the light! (please click to view)
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: RARE - the Nickel Surefire E2e with clickie and TNT SingLED

Pictures work for me and I am not a Dropbox user.
Beautifull light btw., I didn´t know these were made from (Solid?) nickel back then.

Eric

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pictures work for me and I am not a Dropbox user.
Beautifull light btw., I didn´t know these were made from (Solid?) nickel back then.

Eric

Thanks! Actually, from what I know, these started life as standard E2e's in regular aluminum, and then were dunked in nickel plating for the unique finish. Less than a dozen are known to exist. A couple of E1e's in nickel, and a couple of M6's as well. Definitely collector's items..

The dropbox links should be public, you may have to clear an annoying dialog box to see them.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow that bad huh, 258 admirers and no takes yet :)

I dropped the price significantly - hopefully this makes it easier for someone to give it a good home. Free stuff still included. Feel free to PM if you want to talk about it :)

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

What's an awesome piece of flashlight you have there Sir. I'm surprised it's still available.
I tried to track down some history behind these nickels, but had no luck. Were these just experimental coatings, or were they perhaps done for SF executives/employees as gifts? An M6 you say was done like this? Drool...

Anyway, bump this up and best of luck with your sale Sir.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks guys :) This was done by someone AT SF (at that time) - the giveaway is that there's no lettering on the side of the light where the engraving is, because there was never any engraving, instead of it being removed at a later time. This is also a flat sided E2e before they started changing the design of the side panels. Way before modamag's time, he's a great guy though!

As far as I know, a tiny handful were done as an experiment in electroless nickel plating, and even fewer were released into the wild. There is a nickel E1e somewhere in the world, I know because I tried to collect it and JUST barely missed it, being #2 on the sales thread - it would have been nice to have the pair. There are also at least a couple of M6 that I know of, one was given to CPF for a benefit raffle to raise funds. All are 'sterile', as in they have no markings or engraving.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Thanks guys :) This was done by someone AT SF (at that time) - the giveaway is that there's no lettering on the side of the light where the engraving is, because there was never any engraving, instead of it being removed at a later time. This is also a flat sided E2e before they started changing the design of the side panels. Way before modamag's time, he's a great guy though!

As far as I know, a tiny handful were done as an experiment in electroless nickel plating, and even fewer were released into the wild. There is a nickel E1e somewhere in the world, I know because I tried to collect it and JUST barely missed it, being #2 on the sales thread - it would have been nice to have the pair. There are also at least a couple of M6 that I know of, one was given to CPF for a benefit raffle to raise funds. All are 'sterile', as in they have no markings or engraving.

Great info on these rare beauties, thanks.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you :)

Seriously nobody wants to take it? The collectible is an autographed PK hat - the guy who made these. Still included in the price, I want it to go to a good home rather than have to discard it because I cannot take it with me where I am going.

Make me an offer... I might consider trading for an iPad Mini 4 or 2017/2018 iPad, they could be useful at work.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is starting to become crazy, but.... $280? Which is more than what it cost me to put the light together?

Wish I didn't need the cash, but life is hard.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Unusual items sometimes need to find just the right collector....

If I could make a couple of suggestions, it may be helpful to list specifically from where you ship, and placing the photos "inline" would make them easier to view.

Cheers.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened

Damn I wish I had an extra $280 laying around! I'd be all over this like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

DONE and sold! Thank you to the kind soul who messaged me :) Super glad to see this treasure going to a good home :)

Thank you archimedes and all who have offered their kind words and thoughts on my sale! :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice. I still cant view the photos..