Repairman needed

elasmonut

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,I dont make many posts here Im generally a bit of a lurker, reading reviews and drooling over the slick custom stuff on the forums. But today I post seeking help or advice.
I only have a small by forum standards collection, a couple of Prometheus lights, a liitle copper Maratac and Lumitop a nice stainless Thrunite and a few others. Over the last few days one my favourites a little Jetbeam RRT01 with the magnetic control ringhas been playing up, and upon trying to unscrew to see if the new cr123 battery I put in was connecting properly found that the head containing the emmiter above the control ring has come unscrewed in a manner I do not believe it was designed to do (sorry cant post pics), essentially the red and black wires connecting the emmiter to the rest of the electronics have twisted together and theblack wire has broken at the solder joint.
Now as far as circuitry, soldering, and electrics are concerned I would have a better chance of building my own Hadron collider, I dont have the knowledge, skills or equipment to attempt it.
I could likely try my luck with a warranty claim but Im a bit wary of sending stuff back to China, and I know its only a cheap light I could likely replace it, but it was a gift and has sentimental value.
So my question is, does any know if there was a person or company to send it to for repair? Im more than happy to pay shipping and for the repair and I see a lot clever makers and modders here.
So what do you guys reckon?

elasmonut

Newly Enlightened
Hey, nobody deserves to have a failed light, right? It's an easy fix for light guys like us so why not help? :)

Thanks for the kind offer Fritz, no Im not in the U.S. , Australia in fact but Id be happy to pay shipping costs, but also understand if thats too much hassle. I should have mentioned that in my original post.