ACEBEAM X70 @ 40,000 Lumens: Coming in June and new price.

donlong

Newly Enlightened
40,000 Freaking Lumens! ACEBEAM X70 Just got a price tag.

ACEBEAM must be getting close to shipping the X70. They just released price at $750! Crazy! Its 8000 lumens brighter than the Imalent dx80.

Last edited by a moderator:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 40,000 Freaking Lumens! ACEBEAM X70 Just got a price tag.

With lumens that high, an 8000 lumen jump will be barely noticeable.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Buy Vinh's Sirius light that he's working on (probably 7 lbs and well over 100k lumens. With 72 XHP35 LEDs.) Will probably put the acebeam to shame.

That said, $750 for a light is a bit out of my price range. The Acebeam sounds impressive for a production light though. I hope we see more lights with active cooling.

idleprocess

Flashaholic

40k lumens with 13 emitters is a lot of light. More light than I expect to ever need in a nominally handheld package often enough to consider buying. Heck, my Emisar D4 at maximum output impresses everyone that sees it - can light up the side of my house like daylight from ~20 yards away.

Buy Vinh's Sirius light that he's working on (probably 7 lbs and well over 100k lumens. With 72 XHP35 LEDs.) Will probably put the acebeam to shame.
Seventy-two emitters. EGAD.

There is surely someone that can make reasonable use of such a light. I'm just at a slight loss to see the use case. Illuminating an entire football field from the broadcast booth? Solid-state replacement for a helicopter spotlight? Pintle mount on the hunting lease truck? Area light working on buried water reservoirs?

That said, $750 for a light is a bit out of my price range. The Acebeam sounds impressive for a production light though. I hope we see more lights with active cooling.

At 8x 18650 - more capacity than a typical laptop - this is entering the realm where active cooling makes a degree of sense. There's the power margin and physical volume to do something actually effective.

Beckler

Enlightened

Guesses as to how quickly it steps down to 10,000 Lm? :D 30 sec. maybe?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love to have Vinh54 mod of this light. I will wait for it to be ready. Until then, two X65vn and X45vn are my mainstays.

Keitho

Enlightened

A battery-operated space heater would be useful, with the interesting side effect of 40,000 lumens....

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does it come with an oven mitt?

I'm thinking more body armour.
Actually I'd like a bomb squad suit with a welding mask.

Keitho

Enlightened

I would love to have Vinh54 mod of this light. I will wait for it to be ready. Until then, two X65vn and X45vn are my mainstays.
Your post made me think...with ~ the same price as qty=2 x7vn, and same number of cells, and less lumens, and a less flexible UI...which is more useful? I can imagine use cases for each, but I can't imagine that there will be a huge number of sales at that price.

I too am looking forward to what vinh can do with that fan-coolded host!

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened

Whoa, I was getting all confused. Post edited

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Impressive, but at $750, it's definitely a niche market. I'll buy eight BLF Q8's and wrap them together with a big elastic band.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

40k lumens with 13 emitters is a lot of light. More light than I expect to ever need in a nominally handheld package often enough to consider buying. Heck, my Emisar D4 at maximum output impresses everyone that sees it - can light up the side of my house like daylight from ~20 yards away.

There is surely someone that can make reasonable use of such a light. I'm just at a slight loss to see the use case. Illuminating an entire football field from the broadcast booth? Solid-state replacement for a helicopter spotlight? Pintle mount on the hunting lease truck? Area light working on buried water reservoirs?

At 8x 18650 - more capacity than a typical laptop - this is entering the realm where active cooling makes a degree of sense. There's the power margin and physical volume to do something actually effective.

They say that for our eyes to discern a twofold increase in brightness, the light must actually increase its output by many more times than just 2. That being the case, I'm estimating that this new Acebeam light's highest mode should appear to our eyes, to be roughly twice as bright as an Olight i3 on high... Granted, this estimation isn't an exact science.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened

Don't be bunch of little girls I've almost finished my new mod, the brightness Is equal to the flash from a nuke going off and so far run time of about 20 seconds In turbo mode(warning welding mask must be worn during use).
JEEZ people enough Is enough....I think flashlight brightness has passed the point being practical, unless you're goal Is to signal the next solar system.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

Some day we will have the same lumens on are keychain

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't be bunch of little girls I've almost finished my new mod, the brightness Is equal to the flash from a nuke going off and so far run time of about 20 seconds In turbo mode(warning welding mask must be worn during use).
JEEZ people enough Is enough....I think flashlight brightness has passed the point being practical, unless you're goal Is to signal the next solar system.

I don't know...... Many people aren't going to be truly content until they are wearing a car radiator hanging from a backpack, with coolant hoses running in and out of the newest, brightest light that just came out the week before.... Lol