I got a harbor frieght light

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Yesterday I went into harbor frieght to get a shovel, in line I noticed a NEBO style big side emitter flood flashlight it was cheap so I asked for the price check and bought it

But heres whats bothering me, I actually kind of like it, whats happening to me? Has my urge to be frugal affected my taste in flashlights? I'm scared

Last edited:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll be ok. It will fail when you really need it & you'll use your quality back up light & come to your senses. :)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
But heres whats bothing me, I actually kind of like it, whats happening to me? Has my urge to be frugal affected my taste in flashlights? I'm scared

A true flashaholic will purchase frugal and fancy lights, will know where the flashlight section of every store they patronize is and head straight there after purchasing what they originally came for, will have lights stashed everywhere possible and run into lights that make them say to themselves "I forgot I bought this", give away lights to anyone that shows the slightest of interest, come up with creatively bizarre justifications for their purchases of yet another light when the significant other rolls their eyes and asks why...................

At any rate you are fine. :p

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frugal lights are fine ... even for us flashaholics!

Now it's time for you to mod that sucker and improve it with $60 worth of parts!!!:thumbsup:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing wrong with cheap so long as you recognize them for what they are, and their likely short term failure. I've got one of the side COB lights myself I keep around.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel an inexplicable affection for anything that can be loosely described as a flashlight. I kinda want them all, including the ones I can't afford and the ones I don't trust. Anyway, nothing amiss here. Enjoy your purchase.

wolfey1

Newly Enlightened
I've almost bought one of those a few times but didn't like having to cycle through all the modes every time you use it just to turn the light off.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
A true flashaholic will purchase frugal and fancy lights, will know where the flashlight section of every store they patronize is and head straight there after purchasing what they originally came for, will have lights stashed everywhere possible and run into lights that make them say to themselves "I forgot I bought this", give away lights to anyone that shows the slightest of interest, come up with creatively bizarre justifications for their purchases of yet another light when the significant other rolls their eyes and asks why...................

:twothumbs

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
At one point I had over 100 lights ranging from .50 to 400 dollars. It's normal, appreciate them all. : )

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Yesterday I went into harbor frieght to get a shovel, in line I noticed a NEBO style big side emitter flood flashlight it was cheap so I asked for the price check and bought it

But heres whats bothering me, I actually kind of like it, whats happening to me? Has my urge to be frugal affected my taste in flashlights? I'm scared

I bought the same light, and I enjoy it. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was. It does not have a third (blinking red) mode but I can live with that.

This makes me think that most of the lights made in China are made for just pennies. We in the USA value light and we value well-made (and bright enough to do the job) flashlights. Chinese manufacturers know this.

Harbor Freight found a supplier that must be making this light for pennies. It's not the most "attractive" light in the world, it's not prettified or beautiful, but it certainly emits a real nice beam of light.

Your urge to be frugal has not affected your taste in lights. Rather, you saw a light that emitted a rather nice beam and the more than reasonable price of that light validated your frugality. You knew that if you did not buy it, you would not, in fact, be "frugal"!

- LetThereBeLight!

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened

Beamhead, every word of your post rings with truth! You not only have described me, but I bet most other posters here at this site. We seem to be drawn to lights the way we are drawn to breathing, or to drinking water.

- LetThereBeLight!