Finally got my titanium M1...

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
Finally got it today. Made by my friend XianYun. Made of TC4 titanium alloy.

The circuit only have one level, about 100lm otf, use one cr123a or 3.7v 16340, 4-5 hours runtime by cr123a. Also have a replaceable bulb dropin, diferent bulbs with batteries, have diferent result. FUN!!!

I only have one, extra two in the pics belong to ohter friends, so it's not for sale. As far as I know, XianYun himself don't have extra ones left, please don't ask about it....

20180531-M1Ti-1.jpg

20180531-M1Ti-2.jpg

20180531-M1Ti-3.jpg

Last edited:

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's certainly an interesting version of a classic M1 Illuminator. It's very well done.
My only question, if you've got a triple LED setup, why only 100 lumens?

At that power draw, it probably runs for days!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's certainly an interesting version of a classic M1 Illuminator. It's very well done.
My only question, if you've got a triple LED setup, why only 100 lumens?

At that power draw, it probably runs for days!

It is beautiful but......I would have definitely had more than one mode and scaled the light to make it run an 18350.

But your friend did an amazing job!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing job indeed! What a beauty! :twothumbs

I wish there were made more. :takeit:

I'm surprised this thread didn't get more replies. :thinking:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I missed this thread, WOW stunning,:cool: at this rate a whole bunch of ti surefire type lights. Look forward to an M6 ti:faint:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, that is awesome! Saw the title of the thread and thought M1? Surefire M1? Titanium Surefire M1? Nah, couldn't be. :) Amazing work. Always thought the M1 was a cool design.

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, that is awesome! Saw the title of the thread and thought M1? Surefire M1? Titanium Surefire M1? Nah, couldn't be. :) Amazing work. Always thought the M1 was a cool design.

Agreed, M1 was pretty cool. So I got one once my friend was done with it. The shape of the M1 in the pics above is not exactly the same as the original version. The outer diameter of the neck is thicker than that of the original version in order to fit the tri-led drop-in. The same version as the original can only use bulb drop-in or single led drop-in like the original ones. Personally I prefer the thinner neck, looks better, but I didn't get it....