Show off your charger collection!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 8, 4-bay li-ion chargers, 6, 4-cell AA chargers, 5, 2 bay li-ion chargers, 3, 16340 2-bay chargers, and I few I can't think of right now

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd start one. Except for the two Goal Zero's, this is just my small battery chargers for sizes 10180 up to CR123A.

mBxIpmu.jpg

MOK0Bwu.jpg

~ Chance

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Lol

I use some of the smaller ones in the car or when traveling, which is why I have more than one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have something like 437 flashlights and 1 charger. A NiteCore D4. Had an i4 but tossed that dangerous sob in the garbage. It ran so hot I'd only use it outdoors (just in case).

Basically I have a handful of lights fed by rechargeables so I just charge up a few at a time and keep a stockpile ready to go. Each time a light goes dim I just swap in the new fuel, recharge the former and stick 'em in the stockpile.

I used rechargeables in days where you had to use it in a few days or it was either dead or half charged. So with the advent of Eneloops, LifePo's etc not self discharging much.... I just don't need a bunch of battery chargers.

ven

Flashaholic
437.............................:naughty:

Some are stored away, down stairs use the c4-12 and 3100 v2.2
YmCfPU1l.jpg

Up stairs uses
Panzer, vp4 and vp2
iWVIkAvl.jpg

works use
vp1, btc 100, sp1 and a small USB cradle for 10180 cells
rtpyNzzl.jpg

Stored away off the top of my head, wp6 II, i4, 6 bay nimh and a couple of AWT UTC 2 bay chargers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I say 437 Ven, but it could be more. Last time I actually counted was 378 and that was in 2016. In 2017 I added a bunch more yet really didn't keep a running talley.

Heck, in 2016 and 17 I bought over a thousand light bulbs. Deals kept popping up like 35 boxes of 10 for $18. Then there was a clearance sale where a fellow had a bunch of Mag 7 cell bulbs, super rare Sigmalite and Streamlight bulbs, Pelican modules, Pentagon modules and other stuff dang near impossible to find now.

Anyway, I've just not had the need for more than one battery charger.

Well, I do have a few eneloop chargers too.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
437.............................:naughty:

Some are stored away, down stairs use the c4-12 and 3100 v2.2
YmCfPU1l.jpg

Up stairs uses
Panzer, vp4 and vp2
iWVIkAvl.jpg

works use
vp1, btc 100, sp1 and a small USB cradle for 10180 cells
rtpyNzzl.jpg

Stored away off the top of my head, wp6 II, i4, 6 bay nimh and a couple of AWT UTC 2 bay chargers.

Very nice selection of chargers!

klrman

Newly Enlightened
My collection so far. Almost as addictive as collecting flashlights :sick:` Have a Lii-500 on the way too.

42477657092_b3fedafe8a_c.jpg

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Impressive!

I think part of it is that chargers are relatively cheap compared to buying say, a mid-priced semi-custom light, or even a higher end production light, let alone a full custom model like a Tain or a Photon Fanatic, so that I don't see them as a big expense relative to other aspects of the hobby.

Last edited:

klrman

Newly Enlightened
Impressive!

I think part of it is that chargers are relatively cheap compared to buying say, a mid-priced semi-custom light, or even a higher end production light, let alone a full custom model like a Tain or a Photon Fanatic, so that I don't see them as a big expense relative to other aspects of the hobby.

Yes, part of the fun is that it doesn't cost an arm or a leg anymore. You have quite the collection and I noticed you have an 8 bay one, my next purchase for sure.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes, the 8-bay one is very convenient for charging lots of cells. The one thing to be aware of is that it gets the batteries noticeably hotter during charging than my other chargers.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I just posted this over on George's Nucelus thread where small battery chargers like the Veleno 10180 were being discussed, but it fits in here too, so I thought I'd post it:

Besides my Octacharger, a custom unit from England (which stopped working a while ago, can't recall the CPF member's name, but I really liked it until it stopped working as it had 8 different selectable current settings for smal lithium ion batteries), this little gizmo from Olight is one other way to charge small batteries.

Olight offered these a couple of years ago on a limited basis. You had to make a purchase, and then if intember right you could get one of these for a few dollars more, and it was limited to one per customer.

This shows the Olight being powered by a Mophie Powerstation dual USB port battery, and as you can see from the closeup, it does both lithium ion and NiMH batteries. Not sure how good it is since I've never really used it, but coming from Olight I assume it's okay.

http://imgbox.com/eJ6C2veV

http://imgbox.com/Urv0v0Ut

Last edited:

klrman

Newly Enlightened
I really like that Olight charger lol, never seen one of those before.

I've always liked the idea of multiple current settings etc for charging like your custom one from England. More fine tuning of all the cycles is what motivated me to get the skyrc mc3000. Can charge/discharge in 0.01 increments. Same with setting termination V which I always do at 4.1V, can set storage V, uses constant current in it's cycles. I put my barely used C4-12 and Opus up for sale as I want to get another MC3000 now that I am getting the hang of it how to use it.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes. That's why I liked my Octacharger, which started at 50 mAh if I recall right and could be increased in 50 mAh increments from there.

In my first photo it's the last one on the right in the middle row. Made by CPF'er Cottonpicker.

klrman

Newly Enlightened
Nice, I was wondering what that little one in the right was all about.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are my 2 main chargers that I use in my office.
A Nitecore D4 and a Gyrfalcon ALL-88. I have a handful of other chargers in my garage.
FLoZddL.jpg