Surefire E2E+Keepower 16650. LumensFactory HO-E1R vs EO-E1R?

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Can't really decide which one of these lamps to go with.

HO-E1R-
Longer runtime
Longer Lamp life

EO-E1R
Brighter and whiter
Shorter runtime
Shorter lamp life

The pros and cons are obvious. Has anyone seen these two lamps side by side? Either one will produce ENOUGH light for the task (navigating woods at night), so sheer output is not completely vital.

I see a lot of postings about running the above lamps on a 17670, but nothing really on a 16650. I wonder if running on the 16650 would present any issues? (Cells will only be charged to 4.15 Volts, not the 4.35 they are capable of).

Ultimately I will have to decide, but I'm hoping you guys can help push me in one direction or the other.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Fantastic link, tons of info and reading there. That definitely should be in the Incan threads of interest sticky.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks a million.

I may have to do the true flashaholic thing, and buy both. :grin2:

You must DEW EET!!!!

No worries! I've run both, and at that output level, runtime wins out. I'd run the HO-E1R. There are tons of good reading on the various E series rechargable solutions. See below.

Props to LEDaddict for putting all these threads of interest in one place. The thread is seven years old, but it all still applies.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-17670-Replacement-Bulbs-Threads-of-Interest!

Thanks Scout. I can geek out all weekend or toilet reads for weeks.... woohoo!!
This is cool like when Hulk Hogan and Macho Man formed a tag team... mania and madness all in one package baby.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at lightsaver miser multimode tailcap. You can get 4x runtime @25% of any bulb, if you should need that

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at lightsaver miser multimode tailcap. You can get 4x runtime @25% of any bulb, if you should need that

Thanks to Ma Tumba for having started a thread about the Lightsaver Miser, I now have 3 e-series incans with this most useful switch:
An E2O Outdoorsman running an EO-E1R (1x17670),
an E2D Defender running an EO-E2R (not that it would run very long on high with 2x IMR 16340, so the lightsaver miser is very helpful here),
and a "split body" custom "Rothrandir" running a TL-3 (2x IMR 18350).

I have never seen the long-discontinued Leef "split body" 18650 e-series, but I would be interested in comparing it to my "Rothrandir". After I put some rubber grip-tape on it, my only criticism of the Rothrandir is that the "prongs" on the "connector" should have been a little bit longer (to make them easier to grab), with rounded edges.

And here is a link with photos of another split body, made by MirageMan, for those who may be unfamiliar with this type of body:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...5-SOLD-MirageMan-18650-Split-SF-E-series-body

Last edited: