Good Solar Garden Light?

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I've been digging through the trenches of Amazon and I just can't find anything that looks good. Searching for a good, legit product on Amazon seems impossible anymore.

I really like that copper/bronze/aged bronze look. But im open to suggestion. I wanted something at least 15 lumens. Hopefully brighter. 6~ hours of run time after dark would be nice. Neutral light/cool white is preferred. I was willing to pay upwords of 30-35 bucks for a set of two if they were quality.

I had some Westinghouse garden lights that lasted me like 6 years. Anyone got decent suggestions? Would appreciate some input.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for spotlights or area lights? Anything over 10 lumens tends to be a spotlight. I settled on the newer 10 lumen Walmart solar lights (8 pack for $19). Also got the 100 lumen motion sensor light from Walmart. It's 5 lumens all night and 100 lumens of flood light when you walk by it for 30 seconds. The 10 lumen ones light up the driveway well. I replaced the batteries in the 10 lumen lights with Eneloops as the Ni-Cd batteries they come with won't even last a year. At under $2.40 each they're still a good deal. The 100 lumen motion sensor one is $20. Both lights are black though. Costco has a couple nice packs of 10 lumen lights for $25-$50 that might be closer to the look you want as well as a good 2 pack of 50 lumen spotlights. Other than that, take a look in Lowes and Home Depot. Remember that most garden lights are standardized on a warmer white light. If you want spotlights, I'd avoid anything with a large panel attached to the light with plastic. They break easily, especially as birds use them as a landing pad. Better to have those with a remote panel connected with a wire. If you want cheap bright solar lights over 15 lumens, take a look at the gutter solar lights at Walmart and tighten one down on a tall stake or a wood fence in your garden (20 lumens each for around $7).

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I did find one that claims 30 lumens on Amazon, "Moonrays 91754 Richmond Solar LED Metal Path Light, Rubbed Bronze (Pack of 2)" -- not sure how great they are. Decent reviews. 30 bucks for two is a bit pricey though.

Definitely not looking for a spot.