tracking sleep

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a device that tracks your sleep? Something you wear, maybe on your wrist (not a smart phone app). Maybe it shows when you nod off, when you wake, in other words it tracks how much continuous sleep you get.

I have no idea!!

But I track mine[what little there is!] pretty well. I am sure I am within a half hour of my actual sleep. REM sleep is the most important. And when sleep is interrupted numerous times during the night[like I experience], REM sleep suffers. I rarely get 6 hours[that would make me happy]. I usually get 4 or 5 hours which is not enough, especially since it is interrupted.I can also go through periods where I get 2 or 3 hours a night. It is hard to function with multiple nights of that little sleep.I do not like drugs so I just deal with it. We all have things to deal with,some much more serious than lack of sleep.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yes, FitBit devices are designed to be worn on your wrist all the time and track sleep in addition to your movement and exercise during the day. Other wearables may do this too. Then they sync to your phone so you can view all the data.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
+1 for Fitbit, and though you may be averse to a start phone app, the bottom line is that it collects so much data that there would have to be an app for it all.

If you're at all interested in collecting any kind of metric regarding your activity or health, the Fitbit really is worth the investment. I used mine so much that I eventually lost it somewhere at work (25K-35K steps/12-15 miles daily!)

Greene

Newly Enlightened
I had a Garmin Fenix 3, and if I'm not mistaken the data could be viewed from the watch, without a smartphone. But again, I could be mistaking that for something like barometric pressure or something.

sandalian

Enlightened
Yes there is!
I'm using Mi Band, it's the most budget friendly option without sacrificing any features.