Couldn't Hold Out Any Longer

MBentz

Enlightened
Well as the thread title says, I caved today. I've been craving a new over the top flashlight long enough. I just pulled the trigger on the Acebeam X65vn Shorty in Vihn's one off section of SkyLumen. Almost went with the TN40Svn, but wanted the extra heft of the X65 to soak up the heat. Hopefully he sees the note about wanting the XPH35 HI 5000k emitters.

It's been a while since I've purchased a modded light from Vihn. Not sure how long ago it was, but it was another Acebeam, the K50. Still a throwing beast in its own right. Can't remember the details of the light unfortunately.

Now I get to anxiously wait for this new monster!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did good! You will be amazed at the beam performance of this light. This light does what others don't do: puts more light on target at about 400 meters than any other light. There were so many high quality comparative beamshots posted on the German forum, and this light blows away any and all others in tons of light at a quarter mile. There are smaller lights that don't do as much, and larger dedicated throwers that put out a narrower beam further, and similar size flooders that put out more light much closer in.
I don't know how any flashoholic can function without this insanely awesome power thrower.
I was almost done raving about this item, but since you opened a new topic thread for the X65, I chimed in.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You did good! You will be amazed at the beam performance of this light. This light does what others don't do: puts more light on target at about 400 meters than any other light. There were so many high quality comparative beamshots posted on the German forum, and this light blows away any and all others in tons of light at a quarter mile. There are smaller lights that don't do as much, and larger dedicated throwers that put out a narrower beam further, and similar size flooders that put out more light much closer in.
I don't know how any flashoholic can function without this insanely awesome power thrower.
I was almost done raving about this item, but since you opened a new topic thread for the X65, I chimed in.

+1 The shorty is so desirable!!!

MBentz

Enlightened

Thank you for reaffirming my choice, not that there are any bad choices from Vinh. All his stuff is top notch.

PS - Vinh, any idea on the lead time to build and ship this monster?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree.. x65vn is high flood lumen thrower.. park beamshot video posted by vinh proved it..

MBentz

Enlightened
Right at 24 hours and she has been shipped. Vinh works incredibly fast. Hopefully it gets here Wednesday or else I'll have to wait until Sunday to get my hands on it. Stupid east coast weddings! :laughing:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right at 24 hours and she has been shipped. Vinh works incredibly fast. Hopefully it gets here Wednesday or else I'll have to wait until Sunday to get my hands on it. Stupid east coast weddings! :laughing:

Did you get your monster today?

MBentz

Enlightened
The light was just delivered. I can see it with my Blink home security camera. I'm agonising here!

Arild

Newly Enlightened
Screenshot_20180715-195705.jpg
[/url][/IMG]