Klarus TP20 Titanium Writing Pen, Flashlight, Glass Breaker, Self Defense

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been carrying this tool around for a few weeks now. Fun and useful! The ink refill works very well, and tomorrow we will go to 'Pen and Pad' in Albuquerque to check what other refills will work. Today we went to 'Five J's Auto Parts' where they were kind enough to let us try out some glass breaking.

EDIT: 9 minute 32 second YouTube video is complete. Rough sequence of events is mentioned in post #5

https://youtu.be/L36tX00575s

Need to mention that I was one of two people who won this instrument from Klarus.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have a local Pick 'n Pull auto wrecking yard? For just a couple dollars entry fee you can test your glass breakers to hearts content 🤓 Wear gloves and safety glasses!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know, thanks. I forgot my gloves in the car when making the video, but came out just fine. Our cameraperson also had safety glasses on.

Well, went to Pen and Pad today in Albuquerque. Turns out they have well over a dozen refill choices to fit this Klarus. They do have a website, showing just some of what is available in-store. A person could contact them if needed.

The Schmidt Megaline refill (with air pressure technology) that came with the TP20 is a good, smooth ball point without being pasty/gummy at all, but I went for a more bold line; purchasing a Schmidt easyFlow 9000 and a Schmidt P8120. Although these two refills look different, they both fit this pen (spring tension is tighter with the 8120). What Pen and Pad told me was any of the "Short Capless" or "Parker Style" refills should work. Gel is available, as well as ballpoint or easyFlow liquid.

The pen interior is spacious, and should be able to accommodate just about anything of the proper length, given the tip diameter is the same. There is even enough room for US currency (like a single $100 bill).

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
While getting an oil change today, walked to the New Mexico Fairgrounds to take pictures of this pen/flashlight for the video. Here is the album of what I have so far. Wondering what pictures people find most interesting. Also, some of the photos show the scratches on the pen from breaking glass and daily wear.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOsegLMKzLrz9cPE7SaqYQwIAils2BEO7B-EMd-

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
9 minute, 32 second video of the Klarus Pen

https://youtu.be/L36tX00575s

First portion of video has the auto glass breaking test, middle part is a rundown of the features with the hidden money, and the last part shows actual use of the flashlight, along with 2 carry alternatives. Thanks to Klarus for the giveaway!