Acebeam T21vn Hot Spot Pedal?

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a t21vn not to long ago and man did this thing surprise the heck out of me. I use to have a tn42vn spec 2 and sold it because it was just a little to big for me but man this thing throws just as far and is half its size. I have one question on one side of the hot spot it seems to have pedal I guess you'd call it. Is this normal for this specific flashlight or is something wrong? Also does anyone know if there is a screw on diffuser for the t21? I know they have screw on red and green filters but was looking for a diffuser.

It's kinda hard to tell in the picture but it is on the left side of the hot spot.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's from the emitter being just slightly, slightly, slightly off center.

It's so hard to get the absolute perfect focus when the emitter is so tiny and the reflector is so polished, but I don't think tiny imperfections in the beam pattern should affect throw all that much. My T21vn has that same pattern to its corona and a ring further out as well, but it throws incredibly far.

S3UxHJq.jpg

Zunkted

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thank you that's what I was thinking. I just wanted confirmation and yes it throws crazy far. Love this flashlight.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a same thing on my Tn42vn Olson.. hotspot is not in the center.. probably normal. Lol I don't know.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I think this was before I started glueing reflectors. I glue almost everything that has an Oslon now so the beam is very very well focused. If you have a T21vn see if your reflector is glued by taking off the bezel. IF you want you may send in your light to be glued.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I took my bezel off I had a hard time getting the glass off, so I think mines is glued? Although the glass does have some give to it. I'd need to buy a suction cup to make sure.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
mine also has a ring. months of use I finally noticed a few small Corona abnormalities. but the incredible intensity of the beam means even the corners of the flat black led are going to give small deviations of which are unnoticeable when I go out into the mountains or fields where I actively use the light.

for security applications it won't matter. but it is impressive he can center these at all, 0.1 millimeters off and it would throw a sideways beam that does throw well at all and has a Corona the size of a pizza.
not too worried about it. have the extension so if something happens in the next year or so I can get it figured out if mines not glued for example and it gets of center from a rough drop.

thanks to vihn win for such an incredible product.