• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Omicron 10180 Ti Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

samxg

Newly Enlightened
:):)Bought from Gyorgy directly, bead blasted, displayed on my desk, havent carried with keychains, no scratches. 6 tris, 3 green and 3 blue, with one 10180 battery and veleno design charger and the ti keyring, asking for AUD 430 net to me, the price includes standard international mail with Australia Post (5 to 10 days). pm or comments for any question

IMG_4815.jpg
IMG_4446.jpg
IMG_4814.jpg

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Luv the bead blast. GLWYS.

I didn't realize how big the Omicron was compared to the Nucleus.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I don't have the Omicron, but's it's the only model George made I'm missing, which is why I didn't have a good idea of the relative size difference.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Definitely right about that.

But I'm one of the few flashaholics who isn't in love with titanium because I don't like the often gritty threads. I prefer stainless, copper, or brass. I'm not big on aluminum either because I find the threads wear out faster in my experience with heavy use on twistys. But it's okay on switch models.

Still, I certainly agree Ti is a great metal—I'm just not a big fan of it in flashlights.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing gritty about the threads in a Kemenes titanium light.
Correct, the only two Ti lights I've had without grit was a Hanko Trident, and the Omicron. The Hanko threads were as smooth as any threads I've ever felt, and the Omicron was very close behind that. I was really impressed, especially considering it's size.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Glad to hear your Hanko is okay. I'm not too surprised to hear that in the case of a Hanko. ;-)

I don't have the Omicron, but's it's the only model George made I'm missing, which is why I didn't have a good idea of the relative size difference.

Well Steve, you do have an Omicron...kind of:) You have the rarest of them with only 2 made, the bi-exotic Mokume-Rosewood combo. It is nearly identical to the Omicron, except external features, and that it was hand made on my manual lathe.(Took about 40 hours of work) External features are a bit different, but size is dead on...:) You also have the most extensive collection of Nucleus lights....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.