Hey, Nitecore! Bring back the Defender Infinity!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a random thought, noticing another NiteCore thread here.

A lot of AA lights have come and gone since I joined CPF; some good, some...meh.

NiteCore pretty much lost me several years ago. Just noting really appealing in the lineup.

When it was in production, though, I thought the D10 was kinda cool. But really, the NDI was the bomb, what, 10 years ago. Good UI. Good build. NiMH & 14500 compatible. Good size. Couple emitter choices.

BRING IT BACK! With a choice of the current emitters in cool white, neutral white & Hi CRI it would be even better than the original.

Anyone else agree?

PS: JetBeam, are you there? The Jet 1 Pro v3 rocked as well. We need that back in production, too.

markr6

Flashaholic
They'll bring it back...unfortunately with "great new features" like a leaky USB charging port, heavier, thicker, ghetto bling bezel, LED display, and automatic icemaker.

I'm not one of the "oldschool guys", but it is a nice basic light. I wish many manufacturers would slow down on the tacticool stuff and keep it simple.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'll bring it back...unfortunately with "great new features" like a leaky USB charging port, heavier, thicker, ghetto bling bezel, LED display, and automatic icemaker.

I'm not one of the "oldschool guys", but it is a nice basic light. I wish many manufacturers would slow down on the tacticool stuff and keep it simple.
I feel that happened to flashlights in general. I want reliable, bright light, modes are a bonus.

Then came the tactical toy/jewerly trend...

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
They'll bring it back...unfortunately with "great new features" like a leaky USB charging port, heavier, thicker, ghetto bling bezel, LED display, and automatic icemaker...
Yes please... still waiting for my tacticool light with automatic icemaker!:cool:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sadly I've noticed it has been quite awhile since Nitecore knew how to do reliable. A few months back, I saw three flashlights that were basically triplets. Nitecore, Olight, and Thrunite. I bought the Thrunite version.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the NDI Golden Dragon model way back when. I lost it on a trip ... one lucky finder. Funny thing you mentioned it, because I have been searching on eBay for one recently. Nitecore has a similar light (MT1A) that have a tighten for max and loosen for user defined, but I love everything about the NDI from the form and function.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
PS: JetBeam, are you there? The Jet 1 Pro v3 rocked as well. We need that back in production, too.

lol, I was just thinking about that era of Jetbeam reading through your post; but yeah, Jetbeam as an entire company/philosophy has completely changed several times over since then, a shame.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the NDI and the Jet 1 Pro are still my favorite AA / 14500 lights.
And I sold all of them. :sigh:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brings back the memories. I had an NDI, and a couple D10's. That was back in my early flashaholic days and I sold them in search of flashlight nirvana. I still have 10 Nitecores in my collection. Even a couple old ones.....the EZ CR2 and the Smart PD D20 R2. Below is a photo of my Nitecore collection. From left to right is the SRT7 Revenger, P12, Smart PD D20 R2, Infilux IFE1, SRT3 Defender, EZ CR2, T2s, T5s, T0, 2017 TIP

Strintguy

Enlightened
I have a Def Inf in my drawer, any time I've used it I've been impressed by the quality. I had no idea it could run a 14500!! I'm going to get one and load that up. Is the output jacked up a lot with one?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are very few lights I sold that I wish I still had from my flashoholic past, and the NDI Golden Dragon is not on that list... because I still have 2 of them. Best lights in the single AA category.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It was the first Cree LED (well, one of the first) - brought XR-E to the masses

No :)
ZGjZAR9.jpg

I was more a fan of Jetbeam's take on the format:
Q3Fvalo.jpg

Last edited: