Wavien collars may become available for a limited time! [SOLD OUT]

Enderman

Enlightened
I've been trying to buy wavien collars or similar optics all over the place for the past few years, and have also been talking to Marinebeam which is currently the only manufacturer that has access to the collars trying to convince them to sell the collars to flashlight enthusiasts.

Marinebeam has been negotiating with Meadowstar (the patent holder) to possibly have a small limited-quality sale of small collars (32mm OD 25mm ID, aka the 'small' size of wavien collar)
It could cost ~$56 per collar, similar to how much they cost when they were previously available from Wavien.

They want to know how many people would be interested in buying though, so comment on this post if you are interested!
61vP6yelRnL._SL1440_.jpg

PS- if you don't know what a wavien collar is, there's plenty of info on google about them, a lot of people on this forum have used them in their flashlights. It increases the intensity of an aspheric thrower flashlight by over 2x :)

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wavien collars may become available for a limited time!

Many thanks to Enderman for joining and participating in candlepowerforums; great information and solid experience.

I am interested.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Somebody here should contact vin54 (skylumen) about this. He will probably be interested in quite a few of these which me reduce the prices for everyone!

Saabluster might also want some.

Enderman

Enlightened

Yeah that's what I was thinking, some of the modders may want to buy a bunch for their projects.
It's been a while since the rev victor enthusiast!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a coincidence, as I just came to this part of the forum to start a thread asking about aspheric Mag mods using the collar. I've wanted a Wavien collar since they came out, and should've bought one direct from them when they were available. You could even get one on a heatsink mounted at the correct height with an XM-L!

Life has given me very little time for flashlights the past few years, but still... soooooo kicking myself for not gettin' while the gettin' was good. I like some of my mods to stand considerably above the average, and buy components accordingly. I've always wanted an aspheric, and the collar would've been a key ingredient. Looks like I'll have to start a WTB post instead.

Thank you very much for the effort and info, Enderman. Unfortunately, the small collar may not be good for what I'm looking for, which would be a medium or large to either fit in a D cell Mag or larger housing, using a decent size lens. Previous experience with small ashperics left me wanting much more. However, if the small collar can be used well in larger mods, I'd definitely buy one.

Enderman

Enlightened

What a coincidence, as I just came to this part of the forum to start a thread asking about aspheric Mag mods using the collar. I've wanted a Wavien collar since they came out, and should've bought one direct from them when they were available. You could even get one on a heatsink mounted at the correct height with an XM-L!

Life has given me very little time for flashlights the past few years, but still... soooooo kicking myself for not gettin' while the gettin' was good. I like some of my mods to stand considerably above the average, and buy components accordingly. I've always wanted an aspheric, and the collar would've been a key ingredient. Looks like I'll have to start a WTB post instead.

Thank you very much for the effort and info, Enderman. Unfortunately, the small collar may not be good for what I'm looking for, which would be a medium or large to either fit in a D cell Mag or larger housing, using a decent size lens. Previous experience with small ashperics left me wanting much more. However, if the small collar can be used well in larger mods, I'd definitely buy one.

The small collar performs almost identically to the larger size collars.
There is no benefit of using larger collars other than if the LED die is really large (like an XHP70 or COB LED) or you have some wires and stuff around the LED and need clearance.

The small collars are available now, the group buy was limited to 50 units, not sure how many there are left: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...are-available-to-purchase!-limited-quantities

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

That info is much appreciated, and was a big help in making a quick decision to buy! Good thing it was quick enough since when I called Marinebeam this afternoon, they were already down to 7 collars. My purchase brought that to 6.

Got the 50mm glass lens too. Seems most people buying the collar aren't buying the lens, but for me it made sense as it's glass, I assume it's high quality with little flaw (sure hope it is at the price), recommended by the vendor for this application, and it's a one-stop shop. If I'm gonna' use this expensive freakin' collar, no way am I pairing it with a cheap, plastic lens with abberations.

Now, I just have to figure out how to properly focus everything to a decent degree with no luxmeter, and put it in a D Mag. Should be real easy. :aaa::faint: Like I have time for this... lol.

Thanks again, Enderman! I may finally have an aspheric mod after all these years, and a kick-*** one to boot!

Enderman

Enlightened

That info is much appreciated, and was a big help in making a quick decision to buy! Good thing it was quick enough since when I called Marinebeam this afternoon, they were already down to 7 collars. My purchase brought that to 6.

Got the 50mm glass lens too. Seems most people buying the collar aren't buying the lens, but for me it made sense as it's glass, I assume it's high quality with little flaw (sure hope it is at the price), recommended by the vendor for this application, and it's a one-stop shop. If I'm gonna' use this expensive freakin' collar, no way am I pairing it with a cheap, plastic lens with abberations.

Now, I just have to figure out how to properly focus everything to a decent degree with no luxmeter, and put it in a D Mag. Should be real easy. :aaa::faint: Like I have time for this... lol.

Thanks again, Enderman! I may finally have an aspheric mod after all these years, and a kick-*** one to boot!
Congrats!
Who knows when is the next time collars will be available...glad that I could help you get one :)

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

what size was in the deft-x? i want to throw a oslon flat black in mine