Need to focus on One Champion

Methos777

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys and gals... I am new to my addiction of torches. I have about 5 lights currently. I had more and have given them away. And what I am wanting to know is which of my five Lights should I have as my number one light. I know I don't have to choose but that's just me. One light to rule them all.

Lights...
1.Klarus 11gt (button not reliable
2.Fenix pd35 2014(like the button and look better than the 2016)
3.Nitecore p10gt
4.Thrunite TN12
5.Wowtac a1s tac

**I think I'm really stuck between three if I'm honest. The Fenix, nitecore, and thrunite. ***

What I like..
1.I love fast operations and reliable mechanics.
2.I love good defined Beams in torches.
No less than a 200 meter throw.
3. I actually like having a strobe and tail switch.

I am also open for suggestions on others as long as they meet those requirements.6

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Emisar D4 that you don't have, should be your 'champion' light, if that's even a thing?

Just rotate through them, so none gets lonely.

Chris

Methos777

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info on the D4. Saw it. It does look like something to add to the list. Although, I am concern on the distance and step down issues.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info on the D4. Saw it. It does look like something to add to the list. Although, I am concern on the distance and step down issues.

It's a wall of light for 50m. What issues? It steps down pretty quickly due to heat, but you can adjust that.

It's 'been' the light to have for almost a year, but it's not a 500m thrower. It is a nifty pocket light, however. Mine has the Nichia 219CT quad emitters.

Chris

Methos777

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chrisgarret ..

Thats my fault. Should use a another term. Step down settings on that flashlight isn't for me. It's way to small to handle the lumens which means overheating and that's why it steps down so aggressively and 50 meter just doesn't work for me. Again, the light would need to be at least capable of 200 meters and be able to handle the power it produces without quickly overheating. I would rather have a 800 lumen light that stays close to 800 comfortably for at least 3-5 minutes without too aggressive step downs, than 1000-2000-3000 lumens little light that overheats too fast requiring massive step downs. It's just a preference of mine. But I do think that light is nice and compact for others. I just like the more medium size or should I say cigar shaped lights

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.Klarus 11gt (button not reliable)

Reliability issues are an instant deal-killer, can never be your champion.

I've not experience of Thrunite and Wowtac, so based on experience, my champion would be the Fenix or the Nitecore.