• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wavien collars are available to purchase! [limited quantities]

Enderman

Enlightened
I spent some time negotiating with Marinebeam, and they finally convinced the patent holder Meadowstar to sell a small amount of collars to us flashlight enthusiasts!
No this is not sponsored or anything like that, it just took several months of emails to convince them to sell us some again.
Who knows when the next time they will be available will be, so if you're a fan of aspheric throwers take advantage now :)
Here are the details:

Use the coupon code BLF06 to access the group pricing.
"Coupon code will allow a 10% discount on anything in the portable LED and flashlight category, including the Long Range Illuminator"
"Any order over $100 will benefit from our free USA shipping. International shipping is via USPS International Mail or DHL"

COLLAR:
-Max 5 per person
-Sale limited to 50 units (now 48 because of me
tongue.png
)
-$56
-32mm OD (nominal)
-25mm ID (nominal)
-12.5mm nominal aperture (75% recycling)
-Borosilicate Glass
-Multi-Layer BBHR Coating (Broad Band High Reflection)
RLT_Optics_2_-_Copy__61764.1528478541.1280.1280.png
RLT_Collar__69574.1528757285.1280.1280.jpg

LINK TO BUY: https://store.marinebeam.com/wavien-recycled-light-technology-rlt-collar...

LENS:
-$32
-50mm Diameter
-EFL 50mm
-BFL ~42mm
-Glass B270
-F/1 (NA=0.5)
F1_Lens__05782.1528756309.1280.1280.JPG
50mm_Aspheric_Lens__84965.1528758191.1280.1280.jpg

LINK TO BUY: https://store.marinebeam.com/50mm-aspheric-f-1-lens-for-flashlight/
bigsmile.png
I'm excited to have collars again!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Enderman!
Given that many of us have much less experience than you and others, just wondering if there was a source of information that would help us implement this technology. The only flashlight I have that is big enough for the 50mm aspheric is an Eagtac M30 LC2 but am clueless as to fitting the collar and lens. Assuming brackets would need to be machined. Not asking for you to design a retrofit, just hoping we could be pointed to a direction. Is there a host(s) already available to install this? The marinebeam website has complete flashlights but not much else could I find.

Enderman

Enlightened
Thanks Enderman!
Given that many of us have much less experience than you and others, just wondering if there was a source of information that would help us implement this technology. The only flashlight I have that is big enough for the 50mm aspheric is an Eagtac M30 LC2 but am clueless as to fitting the collar and lens. Assuming brackets would need to be machined. Not asking for you to design a retrofit, just hoping we could be pointed to a direction. Is there a host(s) already available to install this? The marinebeam website has complete flashlights but not much else could I find.
Yeah this is more of a DIY modding solution, there aren't really any hosts specifically made for it.
Some people are putting it in their BLF GT along with an aspheric lens.
The flashlight needs to use or be upgraded to some sort of aspheric lens (doesn't need to specifically be this 50mm one) and also have a 32mm diameter space around the LED.
So pretty much anything with a 32mm or larger MCPCB will work, anything smaller needs to be checked, there are some posts on the BLF thread about the collar sale from people who checked some of their lights to see if it would work.

To mount it, you basically need to adjust the height with pieces of tape and then glue it in place.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many thanks for that succinct explanation.

The BLF GT boggles the mind already, can't imagine what a large aspheric lens with this collar would do; guessing laser like performance.

So much hoping you will post the results of your experiments.