Highest Lumen small light

hehaw77

Newly Enlightened
I have most of the big monsters on the market.

My attention is now focusing on powerful small lights.. eg.. one you can put into your pocket.

I currently have the E65 which is 4K Lumen... are any of you aware of others that are stronger than this?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small Powerful is my main category: (preferred versions)

Emisar D4 is a good option. (XP-L HI V2 5D, 4000K or XP-G2 S4 5D, 4000K)

Zebralight sc64 is another. (sc64w)

Then you have an entire custom category from various reputable builders.

hehaw77

Newly Enlightened
Small Powerful is my main category: (preferred versions)

Emisar D4 is a good option. (XP-L HI V2 5D, 4000K or XP-G2 S4 5D, 4000K)

Zebralight sc64 is another. (sc64w)

Then you have an entire custom category from various reputable builders.

Thanks Tixx... I'll do a websearch on them and check them out... if you think of others let me know

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you can beat the Emisar D4 for sheer output. But, it's not very useful, IMO, due to how fast it overheats and steps down within seconds.

The Zebralight SC600w MkIV Plus has a much more useful run-time on max, and puts out 2300 lumens (I actually measure 2700, but I could be high). You get over a minute tail-standing before it gradually starts to ramp down, though with a breeze outside it can stay at full output for about 30 minutes. It also has well regulated output on all modes, which the D4 does not, so the Zebra will do 2300 lumens right down to a battery voltage of around 2.9 volts.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you can beat the Emisar D4 for sheer output. But, it's not very useful, IMO, due to how fast it overheats and steps down within seconds.

The Zebralight SC600w MkIV Plus has a much more useful run-time on max, and puts out 2300 lumens (I actually measure 2700, but I could be high). You get over a minute tail-standing before it gradually starts to ramp down, though with a breeze outside it can stay at full output for about 30 minutes. It also has well regulated output on all modes, which the D4 does not, so the Zebra will do 2300 lumens right down to a battery voltage of around 2.9 volts.

Yeah, would definitely check the sc600 as well. I had one for a little while and did like it.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall someone modded an Emisar D4 to use SST40. Results were something like 4300 lumens out-the-front, which makes it brighter than the Acebeam EC65 (which was recently tested at 3500-3700 out-the-front).

Downside, is with these kinds of outputs, heat builds up extremely fast. I wouldn't be surprised if that modded D4 gets too hot to touch within 15 seconds.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your topic title caught my eye. This is in my interest area.

My small lights are bigger than most peoples small lights.

P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. March 2017. 4,300 lumens from a light in its size class: Not bad at all.

Manker MK34vn spec 5, XP-L HI. April 2017. 7,650 lumens from a light in its size class: Pretty good.

TM06Svn XHP50.2. May 25, 2017. 9,800 lumens from a light in its size class: Very nice.

My fourth high lumen small light I hope will be EC65 Vinh mod. I will use it in medium mode for a medium amount of seconds or minutes, but I will want more than 4,500 lumens from the Vinh mod, even if only for a few seconds. Important will be selection of the correct battery for maximum performance.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall someone modded an Emisar D4 to use SST40. Results were something like 4300 lumens out-the-front, which makes it brighter than the Acebeam EC65 (which was recently tested at 3500-3700 out-the-front).

Downside, is with these kinds of outputs, heat builds up extremely fast. I wouldn't be surprised if that modded D4 gets too hot to touch within 15 seconds.
Maybe it was a Samsung 351D or Luxeon V? I'm not aware of any triple/quad 5050(XM) pad MCPCB that would fit a D4.

hehaw77

Newly Enlightened
lots of lights to pick from here...I'll have to check some of these out... right now I have the E65 and nitecore EC23 which are nice but I find the small lights far more practical on a daily basis... I use the E65 every day...

thegreatvorelli

Newly Enlightened
I have hear lots of good things about zebralight. They have been around a long time and have a solid reputation. I have been wanting to get one to see for myself eventually...

wolfgangSeaLife

Newly Enlightened
My Question is if there is a compact light that has long lasting 1800 Lumen or more, for 1 hour without overheating?
A short boost to 2500 Lumen and then going down to 1000 Lumen does not help me.

I use several lights on a boat, for extended periods when going down a channel or entering an anchorage, but I need something that fits in my pocket, the old 20,000 CP are bulky and use a cable to a cigarette lighter.
Wolfgang

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Question is if there is a compact light that has long lasting 1800 Lumen or more, for 1 hour without overheating?

I use several lights on a boat, for extended periods when going down a channel or entering an anchorage, but I need something that fits in my pocket, the old 20,000 CP are bulky and use a cable to a cigarette lighter.
Wolfgang

http://www.zebralight.com/SC600w-Mk-IV-Plus-18650-XHP502-Neutral-White-Flashlight_p_225.html

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC600IV is a great light, but it won't sustain 1800+ lumens for 1 hour. The thermal sensor will reduce output to around 1000 lumens.

If you want 1800 lumens sustained for 1 hour I think you'll need to go for a big light. Probably something with 4x18650.

Yes, I find that the Zebralight SC600w MkIV Plus will only sustain max output (2300 lumens) if I'm using it as a bicycle light on a cool night. Then, I'll get about 30 minutes of full output before the battery dies. Otherwise, the 700 lumen mode is about the highest it will do without ramping down due to temperature (I'll get almost 3 hours on that mode with a Sanyo GA battery).

So, you might get sustained max output, but only if you're outside with a good breeze or it's cold. And even then, the run-time is somewhat limited, due to a single 18650 cell.

If you need sustained high output, you'll need a large light. 4x18650 will probably do it, and you'll get descent run-time at 2000 lumens as well.

Torchbeast

Newly Enlightened

Wolfgang

I believe the acbeam l30 can hold 2000ish lumens for an hour and tops out at 4000 lumens (mfgr claim). That being said its not a typical edc size light but its pocketable though. Depending on your pocket size this might be what you are looking for. Acebeam also released the l30 II which has a 21700 5000mah battery. Thrunite's tc20 is smaller and according to reviews it can do 1700 lm for an hour and tops out at 3600 lm.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened

Wolfgang

I believe the acbeam l30 can hold 2000ish lumens for an hour and tops out at 4000 lumens (mfgr claim). That being said its not a typical edc size light but its pocketable though. Depending on your pocket size this might be what you are looking for. Acebeam also released the l30 II which has a 21700 5000mah battery. Thrunite's tc20 is smaller and according to reviews it can do 1700 lm for an hour and tops out at 3600 lm.

Amazingly the L30 can do 1k lumens for 3 hours or so. Flat regulation keeps nearly 1.5 hours for 2k lumens, a feet I want to see and am going to buy this flashlight and do my own review. For under 7 inches and 2 inch head it is a beast.

timelord276

Newly Enlightened

Wolfgang

Not sure if it'd be too floody for boat use, but the ThruNite TC20 reportedly does high (1800 lumens) for over two hours, and it's surprisingly small for being a 3800 lumen output light. In practice it may be a bit less (not positive, since I don't see a review that really spells out the performance clearly), but it supposedly doesn't ramp down much when in high (in turbo it does, as you'd expect).

- Bill

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D4: 4300 lumens. Cool white XPL HI version with Sony VTC5A. Smaller and brighter than the Acebeam EC65.

Fireflies E07: 8,300 lumens. Cool white XPL HI version on Samsung 30T. AT 37mm wide at the head it's a little wide for pocket EDC. But it's only 114mm long and 187g (including the weight of the cell). It's still suitable for pocket EDC, but is a bit on the large side. This light can also be modded to produce over 10,000 lumens.

Nitecore TM10K: 10,000 lumens but only for 7 seconds. Bigger and heavier than the E07, though not quite as wide. Also costs four times as much as the XPL HI version of the E07.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wolfgang
Zebralight SC700d will sustain 2,000 lumens for 43 minutes when actively cooled with a clip-on fan. If you're using the light as a bike light or boating when your boat is moving forward and it isn't hot and there's wind, this is the sustained output you should see.

Nichia!

Banned
Emisar D4: 4300 lumens. Cool white XPL HI version with Sony VTC5A. Smaller and brighter than the Acebeam EC65.

Fireflies E07: 8,300 lumens. Cool white XPL HI version on Samsung 30T. AT 37mm wide at the head it's a little wide for pocket EDC. But it's only 114mm long and 187g (including the weight of the cell). It's still suitable for pocket EDC, but is a bit on the large side. This light can also be modded to produce over 10,000 lumens.

Nitecore TM10K: 10,000 lumens but only for 7 seconds. Bigger and heavier than the E07, though not quite as wide. Also costs four times as much as the XPL HI version of the E07.

E07 10000 Lumen how??