Foursevens mkii turbo vs olight s1r baton (900 lumens)

yerevan

Newly Enlightened
Heys guys I am having trouble deciding which light to buy. The two options I have narrowed my list down too are the foursevens mkii turbo & the s1r baton (900 lumens). Between these two options, which one would give me the best throw, (I know they aren't designed for this), as well as which one of these would be the most reliable for edc?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heys guys I am having trouble deciding which light to buy. The two options I have narrowed my list down too are the foursevens mkii turbo & the s1r baton (900 lumens). Between these two options, which one would give me the best throw, (I know they aren't designed for this), as well as which one of these would be the most reliable for edc?

With one, you have to use their 'special' cell, the other you don't.

I'd go with the Olight, but own both brands.

Personally, just look into the Emisar D4 with 18350 tube if you want a blaster. I run mine with the 18650 body and optional pocket clip.

I carry an EagleTac D25C Ti. clicky and that's fine for most of my daily needs.

Chris

5WlpHZH.jpg

lOgVpS7.jpg

It's an easy choice for me. Go with the shiny!

Honestly, either light will be a great choice. However, the Mini Mark II Turbo is designed for throw and you can power it with any good high-drain RCR.

~ Chance

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're asking throw, the 47s Mini MK. II Turbo is the obvious choice. It's actually designed for throw relative to the regular Mini MK. II.The S1R's beam is a lot wider and more EDC-oriented similar to the normal Mini MK II.

yerevan

Newly Enlightened
Right on you thank you!!! I'm curious to see what kind of improvements the MKIII will have over the MKII.

If you're asking throw, the 47s Mini MK. II Turbo is the obvious choice. It's actually designed for throw relative to the regular Mini MK. II.The S1R's beam is a lot wider and more EDC-oriented similar to the normal Mini MK II.

yerevan

Newly Enlightened
Is there a reason why you would suggest the Olight over the FourSevens, battery aside?

With one, you have to use their 'special' cell, the other you don't.

I'd go with the Olight, but own both brands.

Personally, just look into the Emisar D4 with 18350 tube if you want a blaster. I run mine with the 18650 body and optional pocket clip.

I carry an EagleTac D25C Ti. clicky and that's fine for most of my daily needs.

Chris

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The baton has the same optic of the MkII standard mini. I have both the MKII standard and Turbo. For the woods I prefer the Turbo. EDC it doesn't really matter to me.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a reason why you would suggest the Olight over the FourSevens, battery aside?

I think that Olight is now the leader in the flashlight game...very innovative with better QC than say NiteCore. I've never been a huge FourSeven' fan, although I did get the Quark Tactical with clip last year on close-out and it's a nice little lipstick type light, if not a bit anemic by today's standards.

I have the rainbow Olight S-Mini and it's a decent light and quite small. I'm a 16340 lipstick light fan and there's no reason not to go with the Mk II Turbo, if that's your fancy. I just don't care for proprietary batteries, even though their battery is just a high drain IMR type cell, which are easy to source.

Chris