[Review] Olight X9R Marauder

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Let's start with a short video of using that 25,000 lumens...

vZ0OkWl.png

This is a light that took almost 3 years to make it to the hands of the world. From the name change, X9 to X9R, countless revisions after revisions, from drawing board to prototype and back to drawing board. Olight's perseverance has shown throughout the product development process. The insistent on creating a unique illumination product and the stubbornness to not compromise the product quality even though under tremendous pressures to release the product, both internal and external.

What we have, today, is not just an illumination tool, but the determination, the will, and the commitment of a team of very dedicated people, the Olight people, in delivering a Quality Engineering product to the hands of hundreds (if not thousands) of people worldwide.

It is no longer just about the brightness for X9R Marauder, but every inch of the light speaks quality to whomever that are holding one.

SaqbTBs.jpg

A5aYHGd.jpg

8fkoLDJ.jpg

lV5My4n.jpg

3DOOgGe.jpg

nCfCmAB.jpg

SAa4mlo.jpg

BboVkYi.jpg

N145IuD.jpg

xGQtSjv.jpg

g528Zw0.jpg

cpqM2wr.jpg

IUi5iaU.jpg

VTa3H8Y.jpg

1hQBnb4.jpg

zPxr5D9.jpg

RyNfn58.jpg

ZCU2E1p.jpg

epi3ZYi.jpg

1aYlptG.jpg

gbACh0d.jpg

ye3nGBy.jpg

kzgBOig.jpg

XRlAuLK.jpg

dftQMuj.jpg

TShGEz7.jpg

RzjUp1e.jpg

iO12wv8.jpg

llc4Ru9.jpg

ITUC7bq.jpg

jJxI2Rb.jpg

FAW1lkq.jpg

D8jr9rN.jpg

KSFZh7M.jpg

FGRExGE.jpg

S5o8uR4.jpg

ilvVNmT.jpg

erEfEz5.jpg

QQELmgL.jpg

FlDM4gM.jpg

KuJnWzO.jpg

qUl2bwz.jpg

OQMPsxD.jpg

uIf1ruU.jpg

kbwYAi6.jpg

The UI of X9R Marauder is the familiar click to turn on, click again to turn off, click-and-hold while ON to cycle mode, click-and-hold while OFF to go to lowest mode, double-click to go direct to Turbo, and triple-click to start strobe mode.

cOlQ9px.jpg

Some beamshots...
qoCOrPW.jpg

Ia1vBC3.jpg

dXPiSex.jpg

AvTvQfV.jpg

F6UULO1.jpg

YqAJCV9.jpg

h65MMJy.jpg

T4mRzjA.jpg

and following are a couple of video of the X9R Marauder that may be of interest to you...

then, we have a fun (or boring video) of X9R - Launch into space (Olight UK)

and here it's me again, playing with the different modes

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
Looks to be an amazing bit of kit! [emoji41][emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review!

Are the LEDs centered?

Seems most I've seen so far are not centered very well.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Thank you so much for the kind words guys...

Are the LEDs centered?
hmmm... I guess they are sitting pretty well within the allocated individual reflector space although I can't say all 6 of them are "perfectly" centre... well... at least 4 of them are to my naked eye (including the middle LED) while the other 2 are ever so slightly off a tiny bit? You can check it out in the following picture (the 14th picture in the first post)...
IUi5iaU.jpg

This light projects a wall of light out front, even at the lowest setting, so I can't detect any beam "defects", it's just a wall of light... sorry for repeating myself, can't find a better way to describe... :D
IMHO, unlike single LED light, in a multi-LED light, as long as the LEDs are not overly off-centre or partly covered by their individual reflector, any small imperfection in off-centre LED will be offset by the neighboring LED output.
Following is another picture in attempting to capture the lowest output LED (by request from a TW forum member):
EmafceJ.jpg

Olight runs a pretty tight tolerance manufacturing process for this X9R Marauder if I may say so... :kiss:

Wolvan

Newly Enlightened
For UK people: Amazon lightening deal currently for the next 13h, you can get it at £440.5

TampaDude

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just got paid, and it's still my birth month (double points), and I had a $10 off coupon, so I ordered the X9R today. Looking forward to the glorious inferno of brilliant light.

Do I really NEED a Marauder? Nope. Do I WANT one, anyway? HELL YEAH!

TampaDude

Newly Enlightened
We know exactly how you think and feel! When you get it, post back and tell us how much you love it!

Sorry for the lateness of my response, but yeah, the X9R is ridiculous! It will pump out 25K lumens for several minutes, unlike a lot of other super flooders that ramp down after a minute or less.

The quality, look, and fit/finish are all top-notch.

Yes, I love it!