Flashlight for walking at night

SunflowersbloominDark

Newly Enlightened
Going to be working a night-shift job , that i'm walking 40 minutes too
and want a light bright enough for total darkness. Want one
that uses AA , 6V or D. Standard batteries.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the Maglite ML300 for a 3D cell light - can be programmed for a choice of 4 function sets with 3 modes each - great light!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll assume that you don't want a heavy light if you're walking 40 minutes each way.

Something that runs on 4xAAs, like the Sunwayman D40A, or the NiteCore EA41 might be something to Google.

Get some rechargeable NiMH batteries, like the Eneloops and a decent smart charger like the Maha C9000 and just rotate through them.

They'll offer good throw, with some flood and will have multi-output levels allowing you to pick and chose.

Chris

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I think you would really like the Eagtac D25A2 and with its two AA batteries you would be looking at over 400 lumens tops.

With 2 Lithium AA's to back up your rechargeables, you should be in good shape. There might be a YouTube video to show you its beam, etc. I never looked one up myself but I love my D25A2.

- LetThereBeLight!

Last edited:

maglite mike

Enlightened
Maglite has a line up for all size cells. In C Cell ML50, D cell ML 300, AAA xl 50 or xl 200. AA mini maglite pro +. When I go on walks I like the 3 C Cell or D Cell maglites.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite has a line up for all size cells. In C Cell ML50, D cell ML 300, AAA xl 50 or xl 200. AA mini maglite pro +. When I go on walks I like the 3 C Cell or D Cell maglites.

+1!! Check out a 2D or 2C Mag. The ML300L is available in a 2D with the different levels of brightness xxo mentioned. I love everything about it except the tint but unless you're a die hard you probably won't even notice. I would stick to the alkalines or alkaline spec rechargeables as well because they're easy to find in convenience stores. The run time on a D cell is also crazy good and a Maglite will last you basically forever so long as you don't use cheap batteries or run them past the expiration date. If you do they'll corrode in the light and you'll never get it back apart.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be he odd ball. If for continual use I'd want either a headlamp or a old 'coon lantern style. Headlamp my current choice is the thrunite.

Now, I like the coon lantern as well. Generous reflector and nice top handle to make carrying while in use Uber simple. Check out the yellow eveready floating lantern. Picked one up for our 3 year old so he could have a flashlight like dad. Fire $5 it's awesome! Huge run time on either 2 or 4 D cells with good throw and nice spill. No barn burner but lights the night very nicely. You don't need 1000 lumens in the dark... unless you just want it (which I get).

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Sunflower, I took out my Nitecore MT22A in the dark of night and if I had your job, THAT would be my BACKUP light in my right pants pocket because its brightness (and throw) betrayed its specs! It was very bright. And a lot of fun to use, I might add.