Review NEXTORCH TA30 - 1*18650, 2*CR123A

ro.ma.

Enlightened
NEXTORCH TA30
the smart light

t6TuMAlp_o.jpg

The NEXTORCH TA30 was sent to me by Nextorch for the review.
For the description and technical data of the house: http://www.nextorch.com/en/index.php/products/144
For the manual: http://www.nextorch.com/up_files/images/2017-03-28/20170328180827-72617.pdf

TA30 is a compact and versatile tactical flashlight with a maximum power of 1100 lumens, designed primarily for law enforcement personnel. The tactical button in the queue has a double function; pressing it halfway can turn the flashlight on at the momentary high level or press all the way down to the momentary strobe in any working condition. The TA30 is equipped at the rear of a rotary magnetic selector which allows in sequence to switch from OFF to Strobe through the Low, Medium and High levels. TA30 is characterized by a steel bezel with very hard nano-ceramic spheres to effectively break, for example, glass or car windows.

Main characteristics:

LED: CREE® XP-L V6 LED
Output: 15lm / 160lm / 1100lm / Strobe
Duration: 1h45min
Battery: 1 * 18650/2 * CR123 A
Beam distance 240 m
Material: 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
Finish: robust has III military grade hard-anodized
Diameter: 135 mm (length) x 23 mm (body diameter) x 30 mm (head diameter)
Weight: (without battery): 90.7g
Impact resistance: 2 M
Waterproof: ipx-8, 2 m
5 year warranty

Accessories:
Clip, lanyard, 2 spare O-rings, rechargeable battery, USB cable, CR123A adapter and manual.

uge3WaUI_o.jpg

The NEXTORCH TA30 is sold in a white cardboard box. The main features are described, through written and photos, on the four sides of the box.

MOcNHLI6_o.jpg

qRCooyzq_o.jpg

The TA30 is sold without holster. I bought a rigid "Tactical Polymer Holster" on Amazon that seems to be built just for the TA30.
tFMRCjwr_o.jpg

JwwO4PcN_o.jpg

Bought out of curiosity, after a bit of practice you can fix the torch well inside the hard case, but I always prefer the classic cordura case.
iwYBKuZw_o.jpg

The removable steel clip, supplied with the NEXTORCH TA30, is well made. Although it remains firmly in the body of the TA30, screwing the tailcap, the clip is partly covered for a greater safety. On it we can insert the lanyard supplied with the TA30.
z0AgICsq_o.jpg

9iadcvsD_o.jpg

8pTLom4W_o.jpg

The battery supplied with the TA30 is a 18650 protected by 2600 mAh. It has the possibility, through the USB cable supplied, to be recharged even if this forces us to extract it from the torch. However, I believe this solution is valid.
Mbi2H4Ws_o.jpg

vDfQTXK9_o.jpg

3c3KQpa6_o.jpg

The NEXTORCH TA30 tactical flashlight has a small size and grips very well. Its use is very simple and practical even in the dark or with gloves. Easy to remember how to use the button in the queue or the rotating magnetic selector. This operation can also be done with one hand.
eZKUXrTP_o.jpg

The NEXTORCH TA30 is composed of three parts: head, body and tail (tailcap). The only part that can be unscrewed is the tailcap.
YtalPow3_o.jpg

The NEXTORCH TA30 head is well shaped even if it does not have cooling fins. Are highlighted the crenellated steel bezel and the SMO dish (smooth) with the CREE XP-L V6 LED in the center . A feature of the TA30 is the presence of three beads in NANO-CERAMICA in relief on the bezel. These balls, made of very hard material, are used to easily break a glass.
uGaHPILD_o.jpg

BLBEEIV5_o.jpg

O7tamZ9M_o.jpg

6E095xOW_o.jpg

The central body of the NEXTORCH TA30 has a slight anti-slip knurling that facilitates grip in difficult situations (sweaty, wet hands, etc.).
J9d1jqT0_o.jpg

Good the various writings on the TA30. Highlights those that remind us of the correct insertion of the battery.

By unscrewing the tailcap, we have access to the battery compartment. At the positive we see a plated spring. While at the negative we have a button always plated.
ZAmbfTUb_o.jpg

RoGU3xYD_o.jpg

The thread, in my example, come well fattened. Being anodized they allow, if we unscrew the tailcap a quarter of a turn, the mechanical block.
YSqsK4S3_o.jpg

--------------------

On the tail of the TA30 we find the rotating magnetic selector and the tactical button.
vPJXevr0_o.jpg

The rotary selector (magnetic technology) has five positions: Tac, I, II, III and Constant Strobe. These correspond to: off-low-mid-high and constant strobe (counterclockwise).
The ring turns cleanly with a normal resistance. The click are accurate and there is good tactile feedback.

YpsoTeSR_o.jpg

In all positions we have the possibility to use the tactical button to obtain the high momentary level if pressed partially (halfway) and the momentary strobe level when pressed completely. On release, the brightness will return to the level selected on the rotary selector.

We see the NEXTORCH TA30 along with other torches.
GRrNEgyo_o.jpg

From left: Nitecore P26, Nitecore Chameleon CR6, XTAR TZ28, NEXTORCH TA30 e Olight M2T.

--------------------

BEAM, RUNTIME and BEAMSHOT:

The NEXTORCH TA30 beam has a particular shape when viewed closely. This is due to the nano-ceramic spheres on the steel bezel that cover part of the light beam. Concentric rings with different shades of color are then visible near the wall. In normal use these features do not disturb the light beam. The color is of a nice cool white with the white spot and the crown around tending to the yellow. Although small in size, the TA30's shot is good. Finally the distance of the spill from the feet is about 60 cm.
wIF2herZ_o.jpg

H4yrt4EN_o.jpg

Liuqmxia_o.jpg

The Runtime was done in a closed environment with an internal temperature of about 23/24 ° C. The battery used, fully charged, is the one supplied with the torch, that is a 18650 of 2600 mAh.
The first test was done with the 1100 lumens (HIGH) light level without forced ventilation.
hnwEhDyn_o.jpg

In the second test I joined the TA30 a small fan for a short time (15min.)
As can be seen from the graph, the curve is similar to that of the test without ventilation.

fHWljMBW_o.jpg

In the end a test was made with the light output in Mid (160 lumens).
With this light output, the TA30 stays on for many before it completely runs out of battery.
yMBjmBk3_o.jpg

Beamshot:

bJMHBkfR_o.jpg

7lWWW0Ro_o.jpg

euqf23y0_o.jpg

TLo3qWsu_o.jpg

FZaYuA6D_o.jpg

rczoqLbn_o.jpg

----------

VC0ONDtb_o.jpg

qvChFq8a_o.jpg

CKfuKPR9_o.jpg

VIDEO:

CONCLUSIONS:

I liked the NEXTORCH TA30, soft lines and quality in construction. It's small, it handles well and makes a lot of light with a good shot. The magnetic selector is practical and interesting are the high hardness nano-ceramic balls on the TA30 head, even if the price to pay is the not perfect beam. Nice product.
Thank you for reading the review.

Javora

Enlightened
This was the review I was waiting for. Sadly the half-press on high only is a deal breaker. I guess the dance around perfection continues. Regardless this was a great review.