Warranty or nah?

dane795

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: I contacted XENO and they took great care of me, I'd buy from them again.

So lucky me, the first time I dropped my XENO Cube it killed it. I've only had it a couple months so it should still be under warranty I think. The downside is I'd probably have to ship it back to China, and it would take a while. My other option is I could make a tool to remove the bezel and then reflow the solder joints, I'm not even sure if that would fix it though. What does everyone think?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to cpf.

Hey, it's already broken, right? A 50/50 shot at fixing it means you'll either get it working or have one even more broker. But you'll know what not to do next time.

Well that is if you don't really need it to work...
If you need it to work... warranty that sucker.

dane795

Newly Enlightened
I should've checked before posting but it looks like the warranty won't cover it :shakehead. I'll contact them and see if I can just buy the parts. It'd be ideal to try and fix it myself, and be able to throw in new parts if I can't get it right. If not I'll send it to them for repair.

dane795

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: I contacted XENO and they took great care of me, I'd buy from them again.

I definitely will be. This was supposed to replace my Serac S3 for edc, that thing took a beating! I could always go back. It sucks because there aren't a lot of lights like this, I'm in love with the stainless steel and the specs fit my needs well. I'm hoping it was just a one time thing from a cold solder joint, that's best case anyways.

Last edited: