150mW+ green and blue lasers

cdrake261

Enlightened
Where can you find 150+ mW green and blue lasers, preferably handheld?

Local stores only carry 5mW or less...

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I'm not an expert. Domestic law prohibits the import or sale of laser pointers greater than 5mW. Not all lasers are laser pointers, however. Vendors have apparently voluntarily applied that prohibition to all lasers, for some reason, probably ignorance and fear, so it is tough to buy any laser over 5mW in the US, or even to have one shipped here from elsewhere. Maybe more knowledgable members have the workaround for this. I know of none.

etudiant

Newly Enlightened
[h=2][/h]
I'd think you would be very happy with a Sanwu green laser pointer https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green. It claims 1000 mW, actual tests suggest about 80, so YMMV.

Cost under $20, before shipping, ridiculously powerful imho, listed at 1000 milliwatt on my specimen. Comes with a screw on diffuser lens and has a keylock for the on/off switch, both sensible precautions imho, because this thing is NOT eye safe.

Only quibble, it runs on one 18650 battery, not included. That will probably add $40 to the bill for a decent charger and a couple of batteries.​

markr6

Flashaholic
I bought the "301 green laser" on ebay for $9. 18650, key/lock, screw-on tip for kaleidoscope type effects. They say 5mW, but they are obviously MUCH higher...but you never really know what you'll get. I had to buy 3 before I got the power I wanted. Most likely just bad quality control.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Supposedly LaserPointerStore is a decent source, but I haven't received my order yet so I can't say from personal experience.

Side note: make sure you know how to treat 18650 batteries safely, and get a pair of laser safety goggles. Once you get into higher powered lasers, even looking at the dot at close range can permanently damage your eyesight, and accidental direct eye exposure even at long range without proper protection can cause bleeding in the eye, scarring, or blindness.