Nitecore Tube UV LED keychain light died

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
a few days ago I noticed my EDC Nitecore Tube UV light "needed charging" as it had no power. I connected the charging cord and all seemed well, led status light indicated charging in progress. after it was charged I tried to turn it on and NOTHING. I made the move the Nitecore Tube keychain LED lights because the coin cell powered INova LED lights seemed to be a hassle changing the coin cells.I have a green Tube that still works great on my EDC keys. I've had the UV version a little over a year. I will see what NITECORE.com says.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE 1002 hours Eastern Time USA: I called Nitecore.com and was able to speak with a nice lady. Being able to CALL the company is a big deal to me, so i would say "well done" on that aspect of my customer experience. She politely informed me that it was covered by them with a ONE year warranty, if I bought it elsewhere Amazon? I needed to contact that seller. This is one reason I buy most of my lights at BatteryJunction as their support is second to none. It looks like I am out of luck on this deal.
I really thought Nitecore had something special with the TUBE series of LED keychain lights. It now seems as if I was sadly mistaken.
update:
please see my most recent post because the "problem" was simply 'lock out mode'. the light works fine!

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I have a Tube that failed as well. I opened it up and discovered that the battery leads had gotten disconnected from the main circuit. Since yours exhibits behavior similar to how mine did, I would expect that the solder joint for the battery failed from pocket carry as mine did.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
a few days ago I noticed my EDC Nitecore Tube UV light "needed charging" as it had no power. I connected the charging cord and all seemed well, led status light indicated charging in progress. after it was charged I tried to turn it on and NOTHING. I made the move the Nitecore Tube keychain LED lights because the coin cell powered INova LED lights seemed to be a hassle changing the coin cells.I have a green Tube that still works great on my EDC keys. I've had the UV version a little over a year. I will see what NITECORE.com says.

yea the quality on those tubes sadly isnt the best, seems mixed.. my first one also after a few weeks barely just started to blink on highest when i turn it on.. bought a second one and it works still today on my keychain even tho i rarely use it the problem is its cheaply made but just buy it a new and hope for better luck.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
i appreciate the advice here THANKS!lovecpf

I have a Tube that failed as well. I opened it up and discovered that the battery leads had gotten disconnected from the main circuit. Since yours exhibits behavior similar to how mine did, I would expect that the solder joint for the battery failed from pocket carry as mine did.

Thanks, tsask. Hopefully carrot has provided you with the knowledge to easily fix yours. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Could it be that your TUBE is set in Lockout mode?

To activate/deactivate Lockout mode, press and hold down the button for 5+ seconds or until the LED flashes.

Give it a try and it might resolve the issue.

Lots of people like Amazon because they offer free prime shipping. But you need to find a reputable seller or you might get burnt when you need service.
Or you can purchase it from NitecoreStore and enjoy the best technical support and concierge service :)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wrong....... sorry!

Could it be that your TUBE is set in Lockout mode?
To activate/deactivate Lockout mode, press and hold down the button for 5+ seconds or until the LED flashes.
Give it a try and it might resolve the issue.
Lots of people like Amazon because they offer free prime shipping. But you need to find a reputable seller or you might get burnt when you need service.
Or you can purchase it from NitecoreStore and enjoy the best technical support and concierge service :)

Hello and thanks!!!
while checking out and opening my other Nitecore "Thumb" LED, I read your posting.........( it's been hanging on the wall unopened as 3D artwork;))

OK this is hard to admit but here goes: "I WAS WRONG!" yes I said it! I was wrong because AFTER TAKING YOUR ADVICE REGARDING LOCK OUT MODE, THE LIGHT WORKS FINE!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!!:eek:
(and YES I did send NITECORE STORE A PM apologizing for my error. I greatly respect the fact that they monitor this website and bulletin board!

Last edited:
Re: I was wrong....... sorry!

Heck, we've all made flashlight goofs. We're just glad your light is working. :clap:

~ CG

wiq98j6.jpg

Last edited: