• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Okluma

scout24

Flashaholic
Recently, I purchased a secondhand aluminum DC1 with H17f driver. Got it, popped a cell in it, and have been using the heck out of it. A week or so ago, it started acting up. Switching multiple levels, turned itself on when I picked it up, etc. I did the usual: changed battery, cleaned the threads, changed out the McClicky switch. No change. Digging deeper, I realize the board with positive spring has come loose from the LE can, and is just being held by the wires. A quick message or two with Team Okluma, and it's on it's way back to Oklahoma for a checkup. I got a call today from Jeff, asking who did the driver mod as it wasn't theirs. I had no idea, as I wasn't the original owner and that wasn't disclosed when I bought it. He went into some detail as to how he knew it wasn't them who did it, and said that they would take care of it and send it back my way in a day or two. I asked to pay for the repairs, and was told no, they would cover it. This, folks, is why my current Okluma won't be my last. Kudos! :twothumbs:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey nice! I sent mine back recently too for a similar issue lol. Unfortunately mine was done pretty badly I guess :( Still isn't going to stop me from trying to score one in the July drop [emoji1]

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds something that would happen to one of my mods 🤦*♂️ if either of you bought it from me please let me know

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds something that would happen to one of my mods 🤦*♂️ if either of you bought it from me please let me know

Haha! Can't possibly be as bad as me when I tried to put a few Convoy S2+ together. I still have 'em in my junk drawer but they're wonky asf.

That was just a single LED too...I unscrewed the pill of my Okluma when it started acting up and was completely lost. Jeff told me he had to take the whole engine on mine apart and install some sorta ground wire.

nbp

Flashaholic
Jeff is the best. I have a TinyDC I got from the very first run of 5 and he did some repairs/upgrades on it for me after he had improved on his design. I also had him build me a LE for my Mac Ti Tri EDC and it turned out perfect. He even did a little machining on the inside of the head where no one would ever even see the difference to make the lens and o-ring seat and seal better. Top tier service always! I had intended to send him a thank you email but kinda lost track of time, so I hope he sees this post tacked onto S24's thread!

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I just picked up my first Okluma DC1 from the CPF sales Forum. I normally EDC a Titanium Mac's tri-EDC or Ti McGizmo Haiku. I normally use the tri-EDC in my mouth to work underneath cars. Through the years, I have tried to switch to full copper light engines in the Tri-EDC, only to have to take them out because the light becomes front heavy and tires my mouth. To my delight, the Titanium Okluma DC1 is actually balanced for a copper light engine. It is not front heavy and I can put in any copper light engine and use the light in my mouth without any fatigue.:D