Test/review of Ansmann D 10000mAh 5030642 (Silver)

HKJ

Flashaholic
[SIZE=+3]Ansmann D 10000mAh 5030642 (Silver)[/SIZE]
DSC_6735.jpg

Official specifications:
  • Nominal voltage: 1.2V
  • Max. charge voltage: 1.5V at 0.1C
  • Nominal capacity: 10000mAh
  • Minimum capacity: 9300mAh at 0.2C
  • Minimum capacity: 8500mAh at 1C
  • Max. continuous discharge current: 10A
  • Standard charge: 1000mA
  • Quick charge: 2750mAh
  • Fast charge: 5000mAh
  • Recommended charge termination: -DV=0-5mV, DT/minute=0.8..1°C, T=45-50°
  • Internal resistance: <15mOhm at 1kHz
  • Cycle life: 500 cycles
  • Self discharge: >60% charge remaining after 28 days This is from the datasheet with the correct type number and a photo of the battery and pack saying "Low self discharge"

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-info.png

Maximum temperature raise at different discharge currents: 1A:+0,9°C, 2A:+0,0°C, 3A:+2,1°C, 5A:+2,8°C, 7A:+5,2°C, 10A:+8,9°C, 15A:+14,1°C
This is high capacity D cells, the capacity is around 4 AA cells.

DSC_6736.jpg
DSC_6737.jpg

DSC_6738.jpg

DSC_6739.jpg

DSC_6740.jpg

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-Capacity.png

There is some capacity difference, most at the start of the test after a couple of cycles it is reduced. Only one of the cell lives completely up to the rating.

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-CapacityTime.png

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-CapacityTimeHours.png

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-Energy.png

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-PowerLoadTime.png

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-CurrentTest.png

Ansmann%20D%2010000mAh%205030642%20(Silver)-Charge.png

[SIZE=+3]Conclusion[/SIZE]

This D cell has some real capacity, but I wonder about the low self discharge.

[SIZE=+3]Notes and links[/SIZE]

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Compare to AA/AAA batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you so much. Purchased 4 of these into my "Grundig" Satellit 750. A month has passed, but the radio battery charge indicator still shows them full :) I guess I will charge them... once a year?! :D

And a negative side as well -- my life expectancy looks shorter than of these cells :( :)

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIP: it would be very helpful to explicitly mention the chemistry name (here NiMh) somewhere in the review to help those doing keyword searches constrained by chemistry, e.g. I sometimes do a google search of your site for NiMh reviews but it is often not useful for this reason. Maybe you could include a line "chemistry: xyz" to help make such searches (very) precise.

HKJ

Flashaholic
TIP: it would be very helpful to explicitly mention the chemistry name (here NiMh) somewhere in the review to help those doing keyword searches constrained by chemistry, e.g. I sometimes do a google search of your site for NiMh reviews but it is often not useful for this reason. Maybe you could include a line "chemistry: xyz" to help make such searches (very) precise.

For most searches my comparators are a good way to find the batteries. My AA/AAA comparator has two sections, one for NiMH and one for Alkaline. I do not have A C/D comparator yet, but I will probably make it later this year.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
For most searches my comparators are a good way to find the batteries. My AA/AAA comparator has two sections, one for NiMH and one for Alkaline. I do not have A C/D comparator yet, but I will probably make it later this year.

They serve somewhat different needs, e.g. if I wanted to link to your reviews of LSD NiMh AA cells I could link to a google search of your site something like "chemistry: NiMh" "self-discharge: low" "size: AA" site:lygte-info.dk . But that works only if you uniformly list such standard attributes on your web pages. Often I give up trying to locate various reviews since keyword searches don't work due to lack of such keywords on the page. Similarly one could do keyword searches for chargers with various attributes, etc.

The easier you make it for users to locate your pages, the more links you'll get, yielding higher google page rank, so wider dissemination of your data, so more educated (so more safe!) users, etc. Keep in mind that it is easier for many users to use these standard web search tools than to have to remember how to use some custom-site tool (which may be more limited than general Boolean queries).

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
They serve somewhat different needs, e.g. if I wanted to link to your reviews of LSD NiMh AA cells I could link to a google search of your site something like "chemistry: NiMh" "self-discharge: low" "size: AA" site:lygte-info.dk . But that works only if you uniformly list such standard attributes on your web pages. Often I give up trying to locate various reviews since keyword searches don't work due to lack of such keywords on the page. Similarly one could do keyword searches for chargers with various attributes, etc.

I you want to link to my page a direct link to the article/review or to the relevant index would be the best way, not a silly Google search.
And the "Official specification" section is not supposed to be consistent between reviews, it is supposed to show what the manufacturer means their product can do. I.e. it is not a keyword section.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, this usual situation, when people instead of saying "thank you" for really valuable and necessary work submit additional requirements :)

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
I you want to link to my page a direct link to the article/review or to the relevant index would be the best way, not a silly Google search.
And the "Official specification" section is not supposed to be consistent between reviews, it is supposed to show what the manufacturer means their product can do. I.e. it is not a keyword section.

Web pages live or die based on exposure from "silly google searches". After putting all that work into collecting the data it's unfortunate that you make it difficult to locate using standard web searches.