RIP Charles Krauthammer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Journalist and author Charles Krauthammer was called to his reward today after an extended illness.

He wrote well, he spoke well and when he disagreed with anothers view showed grace and honor.

Journalism is now short a real role model. RIP sir.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A gentleman and a scholar. He could've been a doctor of the mind or the body but chose to fill a much needed prescription in journalism.

I never knew he was in a wheelchair until the press release a few weeks back where he announced he would not return to work due to the return of cancer.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always speak well of the dead - with that in mind - RIP.

When he was alive, frankly I didn't agree with him and considered him to be highly biased, as are most journalist, and I am fairly conservative. I guess modern western journalist have few choices but to carry the bias given the employment options.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you are Juan Williams who was hired to be an opposing view. lol.

Not sure who is/was worse, Juan Williams or Bob Beckel.

Charles was a baseball fan tired and true. He had season tickets for the Nationals.
Charles would do his thing at Fox and beat feet to the stadium for first pitch.

Charles will be missed by most.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Juan gets a big paycheck I suppose.

Charles was in a league of his own. Speaking of baseball it was told he trained his dog to retrieve a ball so he could toss it (with a Krauthammer invention) towards his little son. Whenever his son hit the ball the dog would go get it and bring it back to Charles.

"America is the only country ever founded on an idea. . . and the idea is liberty. That is probably the rarest phenomena in the political history of the world; this has never happened before. And not only has it happened, but it's worked. We are the most flourishing, the most powerful, most influential country on Earth with this system, invented by the greatest political geniuses probably in human history."

- Charles Krauthammer