Aaa keychain light?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old Fenix l0dce-q4 is still going strong but it's definitely dated led tech. I could do an emitter swap but I'm in my last o ring and the keychain ring is almost worn through the aluminum. Considering hunting for a replacement.

Ideally, it would be a low-high 2 mode twisty starting in low every time. 10lumen or there about. High mode for max output possible with around 60min run time maybe a little less. AAA only. Also ipx8 waterproof minimums. Would prefer something that won't be phased by
A canoe trip... or a trip through the washer.

Any thoughts? I'm very tempted by the SF
Titan but at $60 there has got to be other competition with either better specs or lower cost.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only downside of the E05 is that the XP-E2 is a dated emitter itself. I'm going to throw the Reylight Copper Pineapple AAA into the ring. The Nichia 219c emitter will give a much nicer light than the Cree. Ignore the mode order on BangGood, I have checked elsewhere and it is Low-Mid-High.

Yeah I noticed that about the e05 also. If this l0d crapped out and I needed to replace now it would make sense though I'd likely just fill in with a new e01 or i3e for a budget measure.

That reylight looks like a great option! The bail for attaching to a key ring looks suspect though. Is it durable?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking through Banggood I found another interesting options. IPx8 rated, nichia 219c and lo-m-hi twisty. Under $10. Great reviews. Pulled the trigger on an Astrolux A01 nichia 219c. It'll be a while before it arrives but, depending on quality, *could* displace my trusted L0DceQ4.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking through Banggood I found another interesting options. IPx8 rated, nichia 219c and lo-m-hi twisty. Under $10. Great reviews. Pulled the trigger on an Astrolux A01 nichia 219c. It'll be a while before it arrives but, depending on quality, *could* displace my trusted L0DceQ4.

I've not experienced Astrolux myself, but if it works out, that's a great price.

ChattanoogaPhil

Newly Enlightened
Any thoughts? I'm very tempted by the SF
Titan but at $60 there has got to be other competition with either better specs or lower cost.

I'm sure you can find a cheaper AAA than the Titan+... but mine has been EDC for two years now. No regrets. I'd buy another.

Cydzlx1.jpg

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I have some experience with the A01. Great light with a nice LED, but I'm not too convinced of durability. It's also a larger design than other AAA keychains.

I'd toss in the Thrunite Ti3 XP-L version. Firefly-Low-High, twisty, and durable. I had an XPG2 version on my keychain for a long time, displaced by the smaller copper Olight i3e. You might be able to find a NW floating around, they also had a NW Titanium version at one point too.