SOLVED: Possible problem w/Acebeam UC15?

david.allie

Newly Enlightened
Hi... I've got an Acebeam UC15 where the switch has stopped working. I've tried both the included Acebeam 320 mAh Li-Ion 10440s and a set of efest 350 mAh button-tops (tested at 1.40-1.41 volts) AND 2 sets of eneloop pros (testing at 1.29-1.31 volts). I can feel and hear the switch click, but get absolutely no light — of any intensity or color.

I got mine just about 3 weeks ago. I tried wiping the contacts on all batteries tested. It worked fine with Acebeam, efest and eneloop pro batteries until now.

Any ideas or suggestions before I contact the vendor?

Last edited:

pc_light

Enlightened
Re: Possible problem w/Acebeam UC15?

I was going to suggest checking battery +contact inside the UC15 but I see that you're already using "button tops" so that shouldn't be an issue.

Does the light work with fresh alkaines (or at least something closer to 1.5V)?

Curious which eFest are you using that test 1.40-1.41 volts?

Also just to confirm, the later versions of the U15 have "lock-out" which I believe is activated by holding down the power button for 3+seconds to activate/deactivate.

Last edited:

david.allie

Newly Enlightened

I was going to suggest checking battery +contact inside the UC15 but I see that you're already using "button tops" so that shouldn't be an issue.

Does the light work with fresh alkaines (or at least something closer to 1.5V)?

Curious which eFest are you using that test 1.40-1.41 volts?

Also just to confirm, the later versions of the U15 have "lock-out" which I believe is activated by holding down the power button for 3+seconds to activate/deactivate.

Oops! I transposed two digits. The Acebeam 320mAh 10440s test at 4.01 volts. The eFest 350mAh 10440s test at 4.12 volts... and...

Bingo! pc_light turned out to be correct! I didn't know about the "lock-out" feature on the newer versions of the UC15. I re-inserted the eFest 10440s, held the power button down for 3+ seconds and the light came back on. THANK YOU pc_light for the information... I'm grateful for dedicated, knowledgeable people on the candlepowerforums.

P.S. [TOTALLY UNSOLICITED] I want to throw out a thank-you to Andrew at Andrew & Amanda who offered another suggestion and offered to replace my UC15 should it turn out to be faulty. I'm learning that they're top-notch, knowledgeable and he was even able to locate a hard-to-find item (great customer service).

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oops! I transposed two digits. The Acebeam 320mAh 10440s test at 4.01 volts. The eFest 350mAh 10440s test at 4.12 volts... and...

Bingo! pc_light turned out to be correct! I didn't know about the "lock-out" feature on the newer versions of the UC15. I re-inserted the eFest 10440s, held the power button down for 3+ seconds and the light came back on. THANK YOU pc_light for the information... I'm grateful for dedicated, knowledgeable people on the candlepowerforums.

P.S. [TOTALLY UNSOLICITED] I want to throw out a thank-you to Andrew at Andrew & Amanda who offered another suggestion and offered to replace my UC15 should it turn out to be faulty. I'm learning that they're top-notch, knowledgeable and he was even able to locate a hard-to-find item (great customer service).

Which dealer do Andrew and Amanda represent? Sounds like a good place to shop. Although I haven't bought anything at Goinggear for at least 5-6 years, I had very good results there too.

pc_light

Enlightened

THANK YOU pc_light for the information... I'm grateful for dedicated, knowledgeable people on the candlepowerforums.

Glad it worked out.

I have the earlier version that lacked lock-out :-( fortunately haven't set my pants on fire yet :-0

Ditto about Andrew and Amanda's great prices and fast service! Would buy without hesitance.

david.allie

Newly Enlightened

Glad it worked out. (SNIP...)

Ditto about Andrew and Amanda's great prices and fast service! Would buy without hesitance.

Yes, I agree. I'm saving up for the Acebeam X80 and even though they have it available through amazon, I'll buy it direct from andrew-amanda.com to maximize their profit.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received my Acebeam UC15 , I turned it on once and then nothing but a single flash of momentary light from the emitter, any ideas as to
what might have happened after only 5 minutes of using the light, I used an AAA eneloop and then a standard AAA with no results.

Jay30

Newly Enlightened

I just received my Acebeam UC15 , I turned it on once and then nothing but a single flash of momentary light from the emitter, any ideas as to
what might have happened after only 5 minutes of using the light, I used an AAA eneloop and then a standard AAA with no results.

Did you already check to make sure it isn't in lock-out mode?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes, it was in lockout mode which isn't in the manual and I purchased some efest lithium 10440 that don't work because they are not ( apparently ) button top
batteries, who knew

pc_light

Enlightened

yes, it was in lockout mode which isn't in the manual and I purchased some efest lithium 10440 that don't work because they are not ( apparently ) button top
batteries, who knew
My 10440 buttontop cells (eFest) were simple not tall enough, I wound up putting a small dab of solder on each and problem solved.